Katonah-Lewisboro School District
Announces the Following
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR BUSINESS
Starting July 1, 2020
We seek an experienced administrator to join our district-level leadership team and oversee all aspects of our business office, including our annual budget of approximately $110 million. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Thorough knowledge of laws, requirements, and reporting systems related to the business aspects of a NYS school district;
• Experience with school budget development and allocation of financial resources;
• Significant involvement in contract negotiations;
• Involvement in collaborating with other district professionals to improve the student experience;
• Skilled oversight of capital projects;
• Facility with the use of technology to support the functioning of a district business office;
• History of providing oversight in the areas of transportation, food service, operations and ...
Effective: July 1, 2020
Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
On-line applications only. No telephone calls or paper resumes.
Please submit to: John A. Striffolino, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum, Instruction and Personnel
NYS SDA, SBA or SDBL required, Certified Public Accounting license preferred
Candidates must possess:
· New York State Administrative Certification (SDA or SDBL)
· Experience as a business administrator in NYS public schools
· Extensive knowledge of school finance and operations, including NYSED regulations, accounting, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, facilities, security, food service and student transportation
· Expertise in preparing financial statements and mandated reports
· A thorough understanding of risk management, investments, insurance, employee benefits and Civil Service procedures for non-instructional personnel
· Strong interpersonal and communications ...
ANTICIPATED OPENING: Business Administrator
Appropriate NYS Administrative Certification Required
• New York State District Business Leader Certification
• Certified Public Accountant (preferred)
• Minimum of three years administrative experience (preferred)
LOCATION: Central Office
SALARY: Compensation to be determined by The Board of Education
Effective April 1, 2020 – 12 month position
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Business Administrator reports to both the Assistant Superintendent for Business and to the Superintendent of Schools. The Business Administrator will provide fiscal oversight that allows for prudent purchasing and effective resource allocation, and reviews and approves program allocations and purchasing requests from district administrators, coordinates and oversees district transportation requirements. Other duties include budgeting and financial planning, personnel management and accounting and reporting.
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Accountant/Office Assistant.
• Reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Preparation and posting of accurate journal entries for billings, cash receipts, payroll, interest, rentals, service charges, assets and liabilities and adjusting journal entries.
• Aid in full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
• Revenue and expense account reconciliations and analysis
• Balance Sheet account analysis
• Preparing monthly journal entries
• Analyze ad-hoc reporting for Town operations and budgets
• Organize and maintain financial records
• Assist in setting up and reviewing annual budgets
• Assist Accounting Manager with other tasks as required
• Other general office duties such as ordering supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail, updating paper work and documents, updating calendar schedule
• 4+ years ...
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Claims/Accounts Payable Auditor.
The position requires a unique candidate who has both a legal and a financial background.
• Reviewing and approving claims for payment
• Ensuring that claims include all required signatures and other supporting documentation, as necessary
• Becoming familiar with New York State Prevailing Wage Law and ensuring vendor compliance with certified payroll submittals
• Ensuring that the Town’s procurement and payment policy is complied with
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• New York State Licensed attorney with a financial background
• Experience drafting, reviewing, analyzing and executing the terms of contracts
• Experience with and Knowledge of municipal law a plus
• Financial or auditing background is a plus
• Position involves daily communication with departments and personnel ...
ANTICIPATED VACANCY - IMMEDIATE NEED for LONG TERM SUB
Secondary School Business and Technology Teacher
REQUIRED: Secondary certification in business and tech
REQUIRED: Fingerprint Cleared
PREFERRED: Experience with marketing, accounting, and business
Bachelors Degree in Accounting and / or related experience preferred. Nassau Candy is a leading importer, manufacturer and distributor ofcandy, specialty…
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. One to five years of accounting experience. Other duties and special projects as assigned by accounting management.
The Credit and Collections Specialist will provide accounting and administrative services to accurately process accounts.
Financial Accounting Responsibilities including but not limited to: Collaborate with, develop and support accounting personnel development.
Responsible for forwarding any necessary documents to Accounting for invoice preparation or investigation. Customer Service and Planning Associate.
Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies, and financial controls. Executive Director – Patchogue, New York *.
The successful candidate must be actively pursuing a degree in Accounting and must possess a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel.
Bookkeeping or accounting experience is helpful. Individually scheduling appointments with clients to obtain necessary information.
Business or Accounting degree preferred. Must be able to learn other accounting software systems. Assist with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling…
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent professional experience. Manage vending branch accounting processes, financial reporting, cashroom and…
Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred, but not required. 3+ years of relevant accounting experience preferred not required.
This involves performing Guest-focused sales order entry, payment processing, providing clerical support to store administration and accounting functions,…
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, required. Analyzes, verifies, authorizes, processes and reports related financial as required by the…
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related area required. 5+ years in progressive finance roles with exposure to general accounting, budgeting and…