The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Claims/Accounts Payable Auditor.
The position requires a unique candidate who has both a legal and a financial background.
• Reviewing and approving claims for payment
• Ensuring that claims include all required signatures and other supporting documentation, as necessary
• Becoming familiar with New York State Prevailing Wage Law and ensuring vendor compliance with certified payroll submittals
• Ensuring that the Town’s procurement and payment policy is complied with
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• New York State Licensed attorney with a financial background
• Experience drafting, reviewing, analyzing and executing the terms of contracts
• Experience with and Knowledge of municipal law a plus
• Financial or auditing background is a plus
• Position involves daily communication with departments and personnel ...
Effective: July 1, 2020
Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
On-line applications only. No telephone calls or paper resumes.
Please submit to: John A. Striffolino, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum, Instruction and Personnel
NYS SDA, SBA or SDBL required, Certified Public Accounting license preferred
Candidates must possess:
· New York State Administrative Certification (SDA or SDBL)
· Experience as a business administrator in NYS public schools
· Extensive knowledge of school finance and operations, including NYSED regulations, accounting, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, facilities, security, food service and student transportation
· Expertise in preparing financial statements and mandated reports
· A thorough understanding of risk management, investments, insurance, employee benefits and Civil Service procedures for non-instructional personnel
· Strong interpersonal and communications ...
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Accountant/Office Assistant.
• Reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Preparation and posting of accurate journal entries for billings, cash receipts, payroll, interest, rentals, service charges, assets and liabilities and adjusting journal entries.
• Aid in full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
• Revenue and expense account reconciliations and analysis
• Balance Sheet account analysis
• Preparing monthly journal entries
• Analyze ad-hoc reporting for Town operations and budgets
• Organize and maintain financial records
• Assist in setting up and reviewing annual budgets
• Assist Accounting Manager with other tasks as required
• Other general office duties such as ordering supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail, updating paper work and documents, updating calendar schedule
• 4+ years ...
Understanding of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Knowledge of the Abila (SAGE) MIP Fund accounting software.
Oversees the business and financial affairs of the clinic and fiscal management in conjunction with Operations and Accounting functional leadership from the…
Using multiple software systems, basic programming skills, and analytical skills, extracts, compiles, and analyzes CMO level-wide information from the…
Hotel experience preferred, strong proficiency in accounting. The primary function of the Accounting Clerk/ General Cashier is to handle the cash deposits,…
Reliant currently provides property management, legal, accounting, security, compliance, and maintenance services to approximately 10,000 units across 6 states.
Proven ability to manage essential accounting and full charge bookkeeping tasks and reporting. The Operations + Accounting Administrator is a leadership role…
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. Strong understanding and experience with cost accounting. Administer budgeting and forecasting processes.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field. A growing Home Health Care Agency located in Lake Success, NY is looking for a full time Accounting …
Mental Health Association of Nassau County (MHANC) is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to improving mental health in our community through…
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent professional experience. Manage vending branch accounting processes, financial reporting, cashroom and…
And manage other accounting related functions. Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field. Accounting Associate wanted by All Area Realty Services Inc.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or related field. This covers the maintenance of a sufficient system of accounting records…
We are seeking a CFO for business development and specialized domain knowledge in, for example, accounting, finance, or financial law.
JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and…
Experience with fund accounting, preparing financials and portfolio reconciliations. Implement technology solutions including accounting, portfolio management,…
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related area required. 5+ years in progressive finance roles with exposure to general accounting, budgeting and…
Barsys (http://www.thebarsys.com) is a thriving venture-backed robotics company based in Manhattan that has developed and commercialized a line of cutting-edge…