The NYC Department of Sanitation is the world’s largest sanitation department. DSNY collects more than 10,500 tons of residential and institutional garbage and 1,760 tons of the recyclables — each day. While efficiently managing solid waste and clearing litter or snow from 6,300 miles of streets, the Department is also a leader in environmentalism — committing to sending zero waste to landfills.
Duties of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to:
• Manages difficult and responsible professional budget (expense, capital and revenue) work in the preparation and administration of agency budgets and the conduct of highly complex economic research and studies.
• Serves as deputy to the head of a division or unit of professional and other staff engaged in such budgeting work and/or economic research and studies.
• Plans and manages the activities of one or more units or other subdivisions employing professional and other staff engaged in such budgeting work ...
The Freeport Public Schools is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Assistant Superintendent for Business and as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team for the District. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success as a system-wide, collaborative leader, with extensive knowledge and experience in the areas of: Budgeting, Financial Management, Capital Planning, School Safety/Security, School Nutrition Program, Informational Technology, Transportation and Facilities.
The anticipated start date for the position will be on July 15, 2020 or sooner.
• Candidate must possess valid NYS SDA or SBA/SDBL certificate
• Master's degree with major concentration in school business administration required; doctorate preferred
• Minimum of five years experience as a chief or assistant school business administrator preferred
• Proven record of success in all phases of NYS school finance and business operations
• Strong ...
Secondary Business teacher vacancy beginning September 1, 2020.
Position to include college level accounting assignments.
Preferred business background, CPA highly desirable.
A Farmingdale Teacher demonstrates a commitment to students as intelligent consumers of content by fostering learning opportunities that support students as self-reflective regulators of their learning, providing meaningful and purposeful feedback, and addressing social emotional learning. Candidates must be committed to their own continuous growth in professional knowledge and pedagogy and possess a willingness to collaborate with parents, teachers, students and administrators to maximize learning for all.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• An understanding of his/her responsibility to challenge and support all learners
• Success in helping diverse groups of students to achieve at high levels
• Philosophical and practical understanding of teaching to students who reflect ...
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Accountant/Office Assistant.
• Reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Preparation and posting of accurate journal entries for billings, cash receipts, payroll, interest, rentals, service charges, assets and liabilities and adjusting journal entries.
• Aid in full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
• Revenue and expense account reconciliations and analysis
• Balance Sheet account analysis
• Preparing monthly journal entries
• Analyze ad-hoc reporting for Town operations and budgets
• Organize and maintain financial records
• Assist in setting up and reviewing annual budgets
• Assist Accounting Manager with other tasks as required
• Other general office duties such as ordering supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail, updating paper work and documents, updating calendar schedule
• 4+ years ...
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Claims/Accounts Payable Auditor.
The position requires a unique candidate who has both a legal and a financial background.
• Reviewing and approving claims for payment
• Ensuring that claims include all required signatures and other supporting documentation, as necessary
• Becoming familiar with New York State Prevailing Wage Law and ensuring vendor compliance with certified payroll submittals
• Ensuring that the Town’s procurement and payment policy is complied with
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• New York State Licensed attorney with a financial background
• Experience drafting, reviewing, analyzing and executing the terms of contracts
• Experience with and Knowledge of municipal law a plus
• Financial or auditing background is a plus
• Position involves daily communication with departments and personnel ...