Note: You are only seeing Rochester accounting jobs posted within the last 14 days. Click here to see all Rochester accounting jobs.
Accountemps currently has an opening for an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk with a company in the Construction/Contractor field. As the Accounting Clerk, you will have the opportunity to become an indispensable part of International Construction Company. This Accounts Payable Clerk opportunity will be located in the North Tonawanda, New York area and will be a temporary position. In this influential department, there is a possibility for further career growth and advacement. The Accounts Payable Clerk position will require to match and batch code, resolve A/P issues, process expense reports, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, and process checks.
What you get to do every day
• Carry out daily processes and controls accurately and on time, and ensure compliance with company policies
• Organize, register, scan, and file invoices, checks, and other documents
• Perform full-cycle A/P
• Validate, record and send checks, including expediting special handling
• Handle ...
As a Staff Accountant with Freed Maxick, you will:
JOIN A LEADER!
You’ll be part of one of WNY’s largest public accounting firms and a Top 100 CPA Firm in the U.S.
LEARN FROM THE BEST!
We provide a complete onboarding experience which includes orientation and training to jump start your career.
Your Performance Advisor will meet with you regularly to make sure all of your questions are answered. You’ll be assigned a “buddy” to help you with those first few days and weeks when you’re transitioning to your new role.
You’ll perform accounting services and the detail work of financial audits under the direction of our talented Senior Accountants, Managers, Senior Managers, Principals and Directors. Expect to have regular contact with our Directors.
BE PART OF A TEAM!
You’ll operate as part of a successful team, working on challenging engagements with clients in a wide variety of industries: healthcare, manufacturing, government, municipalities, ...
Immediate full and part-time opportunities in our Buffalo Audit Department for degreed professionals with current public accounting experience, CPAs or CPA-track. We are looking for individuals with 1 – 6 years of experience.
Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance!
Join Freed Maxick and
• Be a member of A Top 100 Firm in the United States and A Top 50 Vault-Ranked Firm
• Work with amazing clients in diverse industries
• Experience promotion, prestige & advancement opportunities
• Benefit from a challenging, productive work environment
• Receive excellent compensation & benefits, and spot bonuses
• Keep your technical skills sharp through ongoing CPE; we train for soft skills too
• Enjoy great career / life balance
• Maintain manageable schedules and travel
• Be part of a unique, sociable culture
• Take advantage of flexible and alternative schedules
• Give back to the community ...
We have immediate opportunities for Tax Specialists (Senior/Supervisor level) in our Rochester, NY office.
Our Tax Department provides comprehensive tax services and specialized expertise to businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates, non-profit and public entities. Our services include compliance (preparation), planning and consulting. The Tax Department serves clients in all fields, with particular emphasis in manufacturing, distribution, construction, and retail.
As a Tax Specialist, you will be called upon to deliver professional services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. You will be part of our team, and assist in developing high level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, as you perform detailed tasks on engagements while delegating to and supervising others.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
• Identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities
• Preparation and review of ...
Robert Half Finance is helping a renowned services company find an ambitious candidate to fill the role of a Controller. In this leadership role, you will manage an accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. This company has very competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and ample opportunity for career growth. We are searching for an individual who can motivate others with a positive professional attitude; displays integrity, reliability and leadership; and can offer outstanding client services by managing self and other with urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also be responsible for key decision making and the ability to challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a leader, you ...
The Comptroller, under the direction of the VP of Finance and Administration, will ensure that FLACRA's systems and procedures are in place for the efficient maintenance of accounting and financial management systems.
• Applies principles of accounting and analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and profit and loss accounts, and prepares financial statements and other financial reports.
• The Comptroller leads finance operations to ensure timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions.
• Responsible for carrying out the company's financial plans; its internal control systems and procedures; the maintenance of its fiscal records; and the preparation of financial reports.
• B/A or B/S Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or similar studies required.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience to include, supervisory, controllership or senior accountant capacity in a healthcare or non-profit setting required.
We're looking for a Financial Analyst with effective communication skills. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working as part of a team. Financial Analyst candidates will be interested in this opportunity through Robert Half Finance to join a thriving company, if they are skilled. As the Financial Analyst, your responsibilities with consist of performing financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze, and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. Other important responsibilities will consist of advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management. If the idea of interacting with team members as a crucial business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management excites you, contact Robert Half Finance today. The Financial Analyst role is a full-time employment opportunity in the Rochester, New York.
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Must have experience with QuickBooks. This position will work closely with the Finance Director, managing accounts payable and receivable.
• Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
• Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
• Bring the books to the trial balance stage
• Perform partial checks of the posting process
• Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
• Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
• Proven bookkeeping experience
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Data entry skills along ...
If you're looking to build your career in accounting, there's currently a Staff Accountant position through Accountemps that you may want to check out. Based in the Tonawanda, New York region, this company offers an engaging and mulit-faceted temporary-to-full-time opportunity where effort is rewarded. The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. A great deal of time in this position will be spent producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. During the monthly close, you will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting. You'll also review schedules for the reporting processes, stay in touch with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and play an active role in compliance.
• Help with the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting ...
GROW PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY!
Our full-time Career Coach will not only provide strategies to you for passing the CPA exam or obtaining another certification, but also help guide you along your individual career path. You will receive one-on-one mentoring not just from our Career Coach but from your Performance Advisor as well. These resources are dedicated to you, your happiness and your advancement with Freed Maxick ABL Services.
We have a great bonus policy to help you pass the CPA exam and complete other certifications too!
Regular evaluations and performance conversations provide you with the candid feedback you need to succeed. We’ll cover your technical skills, teamwork, client focus, productivity and dependability. Areas for development will be discussed and together, appropriate plans for focus will be determined. We know that everyone learns differently, so your individual goals are established just for you. Clear direction and guidance ...
Under general supervision, assists the Guardianship team with accounting and administrative functions, and client services. Effectively supports ongoing and collaborative communication amongst all program staff, and is responsible for ensuring a trauma informed care environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing administrative and accounting assistance to the Adult Protective/Guardianship program.
- Daily mail processing
- General daily filing
- Actively maintain/purges case records- lead staff for this task
- Obtain copy of award letters, or provide landlord statements and cash flow statements as requested
- Scan documents into appropriate folders
- Monitor client’s weekly wages and reports to Social Security
- Assist with annual tax preparations
- Completion of various program and data entry projects as directed by supervisor
- Assists with preparing Medicaid/SNAP/RHA recertifications
- Delivers/obtain documents by deadline to County Clerk/DHS ...
This position is for a Financial Analyst with effective communication skills. We're looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team. Robert Half Finance is working with a thriving company to find a skilled Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst will manage financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze, and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. Other daily assignments will include advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management. In this position, the candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with team members in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. If this excites you, contact Robert Half Finance today! This Financial Analyst role, which is located in the Amherst, New York, is a full-time employment opportunity.
• Collaborate with senior executives on strategic deep dives through the ...
Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for you to become a critical part of an innovative company, as a full-time Staff Accountant. To be successful, challenges and multiple moving components should excite candidates. This Staff Accountant position is for candidates who can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. To succeed in this role, you will need to perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. This Rochester, New York area-based position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. If you're a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets, this may be the role for you.
What you get to do every ...
The Business Intelligence Analyst will lead conversations with clients to define business requirements, have a hands-on role in developing Tableau dashboards to satisfy requirements, and training clients on effective use of dashboards. Additionally, this position will provide support for internal Business Intelligence Subject-Matter Experts (SMEs), whose role it is to engage clients proactively, and to identify and bring forward key observations derived from the aforementioned Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
• Analyze data, identify anomalies, and provide useable insight to internal and external clients.
• Address external client data requests, including: project scope, consultation, conception, production, and end-user delivery.
• Build custom data deliveries using Tableau Software.
• Stay current with data analytics/business intelligence techniques and technologies.
• Maintain positive, professional business acumen and relationships ...
At least 3 years' experience in accounting or bookkeeping position. The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting.
BS degree in accounting and 7+ years of financial healthcare experience (preferably in long-term care). Manage the day to day financial operations of a 120 bed…
Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles. Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and…
Certified Public Accountant and/or accounting experience. With a solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
In accounting administration or related field required. General understanding of generally accepted accounting policies and procedures.
3+ years of experience in an accounting role and a 4 year degree in accounting is required. We are also more than just a regional accounting firm;