Note: You are only seeing Rochester accounting jobs posted within the last 3 days. Click here to see all Rochester accounting jobs.
A well respected, growing organization is looking to hire a full-time Accounting Clerk. In this role, you will be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This dynamic team environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits and great career advancement opportunity. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
• Support accounts payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching & filing
• Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt, help with collection of past due balance
• General accounting and administration support: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
• Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
• Code ...
This position is responsible for coordinating highway permit issuance. Duties include working directly with people applying for County permits, assessing the type of permit and documentation required, assisting with completion of the application, and forwarding the application for technical review and approval. Duties also include working closely with technical staff who conduct plan review and approval. Work is performed in accordance with County policies related to highway permit issuance. This position also performs a variety of accounts payable and receivable and purchasing activities. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of a Senior Permit Assistant or other higher level staff member with wide leeway allowed for independent judgment. General supervision may be exercised over subordinate staff. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
There's currently a vacancy at a thriving Manufacturing company for an experienced Accountant on a full-time basis in the ROCHESTER, New York area. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for producing financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This position offers you great long-term potential and a strong compensation and benefits package. We are looking for a candidate that possess excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support the successful growth of the firm.
Your responsibilities in this role:
• Strong interest in continuously improving the automation of the accounting and reporting process
• Complete monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables that includes journal entries, reconciliations, and reports in the compensation area in ...
In this role, you will be handling financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. Candidates need to bring strong analytical skills to the role and should be capable of handling challenging, fast-paced work environments. Excellent compensation is just part of the package. You will also be offered benefits and the opportunity for advancement.
What you get to do every day:
• Assemble monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
• Provide monthly accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
• Participate in various department-wide initiatives
• Present Balance Sheet account reconciliations
• Successfully collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting ...
We have immediate opportunities for Tax Specialists (Senior/Supervisor level) in our Rochester, NY office.
Our Tax Department provides comprehensive tax services and specialized expertise to businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates, non-profit and public entities. Our services include compliance (preparation), planning and consulting. The Tax Department serves clients in all fields, with particular emphasis in manufacturing, distribution, construction, and retail.
As a Tax Specialist, you will be called upon to deliver professional services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. You will be part of our team, and assist in developing high level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, as you perform detailed tasks on engagements while delegating to and supervising others.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
• Identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities
• Preparation and review of ...
In this role, the Payroll Specialist must have strong technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and automated payroll processing services. Excellent communication and customer service skills as well as problem-solving abilities are essential. Knowledge of voluntary and involuntary payroll deductions, banking information, federal and state withholding forms, and other employee payroll maintenance is required. Specialist will be responsible for reviewing and verifying accuracy of payroll reports as well as identifying and resolving inaccuracies which follow all departmental audit procedures.
Associates degree plus 5 years of relevant payroll and/or office experience. Willingness to study for the Certified Payroll detail oriented exam is also required.
• Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
• Well-informed in basic accounting principles and solid financial acumen
• Dependability in Microsoft ...
Accountemps is looking for a bookkeeper with strong social skills and a collaborative work style. If you combine dynamic communication skills with a positive attitude and a detail oriented demeanor, then you may thrive in this position. Contact us today.
Your responsibilities in this role
• Develop a well-organized system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
• Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
• Balance accounts by reconciling entries
• Maintain and balance general ledger
• Maintain quality historical records by filing documents
• Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
• Craft Accounts Receivable invoices, reviewing payments received and record deposits
• Experience with Accounts Receivable
• Experience with Accounts Payable
• Maintain and Balance General Ledger
• AA ...
Build your career in accounting with Robert Half Finance, now offering a full-time position for an experienced Staff Accountant that has a knack for problem-solving and enjoys new challenges. As Staff Accountant, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Throughout the monthly close, you will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting. You will put your skills towards the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will review schedules for the reporting processes, take part in compliance, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This position plays an intricate part in producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Rochester, New York area, at a company where effort is rewarded.
Your responsibilities in this role:
Resolve a wide range of accounting issues. Three or more years of experience in Public Accounting. Thaney & Associates, CPAs are looking for an experienced…
Assist Hotel Accounting Manager with general day to day Accounting tasks as needed. The Staff Accountant will assist in maintaining the day to day accounting…
Is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join ou rteam! Palmer Food Services offers training and development opportunities, as well as great benefits…
Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Management of a small staff.
Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; A bachelor s degree in business, accounting or finance is required.
Was named as one of Accounting Today’s Best Accounting Firms to Work for, gaining a prestigious spot on the 2019 list in the medium-sized category.
AAS in Accounting or Communications or equivalent experience of 2+ years in medical and/or insurance collections, medical billing and or a nursing home business…
The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in the accounting department to assist the other accounting staff and supervisor.
Courses in accounting, payroll (CPA) and human resources would be an asset; At First Student, Customer Service Clerks are an essential part of our team.
EFPR Group is seeking Staff Accountants with 1-3 years of experience to join its TBS team in Rochester. The staff accountant will be responsible for insuring…
BS degree in Accounting and 4 - 6 years experience in accounting, with CPA certification highly. Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices …
Knowledge of FASB (Financial Accounting Standards Board) and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) Standards. A/P vouchering and check payments;