Note: You are only seeing Rochester accounting jobs posted within the last 30 days. Click here to see all Rochester accounting jobs.
This department head level position is responsible for directing the Department of Finance involving all financial operations for Monroe County. The Director oversees the divisions of Management and Budget, Controller and Financial Services. Further, the Director manages special funds, policy development, bank relationships, debt issuance and other activities of the Finance Department. General supervision is exercised over division heads and other subordinate staff. The employee reports directly to and works under general direction of the County Executive. Does related work as required.
Candidates for employment with Monroe County Government will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test, along with a background investigation. Failure to meet the standards may result in disqualification. If you are appointed, you will be required to possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate your capacity to meet the ...
Immediate full and part-time opportunities in our Rochester Audit Department for degreed professionals with current public accounting experience, CPAs or CPA-track. We are looking for individuals with 1 – 6 years of experience.
Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance!
Join Freed Maxick and
• Be a member of A Top 100 Firm in the United States and A Top 50 Vault-Ranked Firm
• Work with amazing clients in diverse industries
• Experience promotion, prestige & advancement opportunities
• Benefit from a challenging, productive work environment
• Receive excellent compensation & benefits, and spot bonuses
• Keep your technical skills sharp through ongoing CPE; we train for soft skills too
• Enjoy great career / life balance
• Maintain manageable schedules and travel
• Be part of a unique, sociable culture
• Take advantage of flexible and alternative schedules
• Give back to the community ...
We have immediate opportunities for Tax Specialists (Senior/Supervisor level) in our Rochester, NY office.
Our Tax Department provides comprehensive tax services and specialized expertise to businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates, non-profit and public entities. Our services include compliance (preparation), planning and consulting. The Tax Department serves clients in all fields, with particular emphasis in manufacturing, distribution, construction, and retail.
As a Tax Specialist, you will be called upon to deliver professional services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. You will be part of our team, and assist in developing high level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, as you perform detailed tasks on engagements while delegating to and supervising others.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
• Identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities
• Preparation and review of ...
One of our growing manufacturing clients has a need for a Cost Accountant. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for creating and maintaining a cost accounting system that will reduce financial waste and increase profits. As the Cost Accountant you will work closely with the Controller and CFO to provide cost analysis needed to successfully support lean manufacturing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study
• Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
• 3 or more years of costing experience in a manufacturing industry
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
For immediate consideration, please send your resume today.
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Must have experience with QuickBooks. This position will work closely with the Finance Director, managing accounts payable and receivable.
• Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
• Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
• Bring the books to the trial balance stage
• Perform partial checks of the posting process
• Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
• Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
• Proven bookkeeping experience
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Data entry skills along ...
This position, located at Monroe Community Hospital, is responsible for determining the financial resources of patients/residents and the appropriate collection procedures to be used in collecting delinquent accounts. Duties also involve working with patients/residents regarding Medicaid applications and re-certification processes. The work is performed in accordance with established practices and procedures. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of, a Patient Accounting Manager or other higher level staff member. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field; OR,
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered ...
Robert Half is looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to work for a fantastic company!! This person will lead financial planning, forecasting and P&L management for the US and would support COO/CFO to manage Gross Margin. This is an extremely visible role and will need a high level of business partnering and professionalism.
• Provide financial reporting leadership and compliance with IFRS.
• Develop, maintain, and enhance multi-year financial planning models to provide visibility into business dynamics, growth trajectory, and key financial trends.
• Lead and/or assist with the creation and/or maintenance of various financial models including capital expenditures, expense budgeting and allocations, business line valuations, and cash flow analysis.
• Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and models.
• Prepare reports and summarize outstanding group risks on a monthly ...
Freed Maxick CPAs has opportunities for Tax Leadership, specifically with ASC 740 experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a firm that offers continuous training, advancement opportunities, flexible scheduling, a supportive environment, low turnover, and career/life balance.
The ideal candidate for this position would be a Tax Senior or Manager with 4 to 10 years combined public accounting and/or corporate tax department experience including federal and state tax compliance, ASC 740 (FAS 109) tax reporting, SOX internal controls, working with companies that have foreign subsidiaries, and strong managerial and communication skills. The ability to research tax issues and thoroughly document tax analysis and conclusions in writing is also required.
• Assisting with non-U.S. reporting for ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes.
• Technical review of U.S. International tax companies, including the foreign tax credit, form 5471, and ...
We are seeking a Tax Manager for an excellent opportunity in the Rochester, NY area. The Tax Manager will review corporate tax returns for completeness and accuracy; assist with research and planning according to current tax laws, and evaluate the tax impact of current and proposed company activities and transactions; working with the director of accounting or controller on asset depreciation schedules and policies; implementing strategies to minimize corporate tax liability in accordance with current tax laws; support the tax director on tax audits by outside regulatory agencies; and hire, train and supervise tax staff.
Monthly Sales Tax, Direct Supervision, Account Reconciliation
The Tax Manager should possess strong communication and analytical skills coupled with five years of tax experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Individuals who have also earned a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or accreditation such as certified public ...
Associate's degree in Accounting or business is preferred along with a minimum of three plus years of accounting experience (AP, AR).
Normandy Corporation, a Nationwide Lending Company since 1985, with excellent office near downtown, seeks Accountant part-time 12-16 hrs./wk.
Under close supervision, performs various financial or accounting duties of moderate complexity. Verifies the completeness and consistency of accounting or…
Maintain an accurate accounting of any petty cash, trade, and barter services. 2 year degree in accounting or business administration is required, 4 year degree…
Our company is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements.
We are also more than just a regional accounting firm; Maintain an accurate accounting of any petty cash, trade, and barter services. Set up all new clients.
Our stores depend on their Behind the Scenes teams to provide incredible service to our customers. In this area, you’ll handle the store’s financial matters and…
Various accounting functions (payroll, A/P, A/R, etc.). Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Accounting preferred. Inventory Control and Staff Accountant.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, and 1 year of professional accounting experience; Performs professional accounting work at an operating level requiring…
7+ years of accounting and financial management experience. Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
3+ years of experience in an accounting role and a 4 year degree in accounting is required. We are also more than just a regional accounting firm;