Note: You are only seeing Rochester accounting jobs posted within the last 30 days. Click here to see all Rochester accounting jobs.
The Comptroller, under the direction of the VP of Finance and Administration, will ensure that FLACRA's systems and procedures are in place for the efficient maintenance of accounting and financial management systems.
• Applies principles of accounting and analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and profit and loss accounts, and prepares financial statements and other financial reports.
• The Comptroller leads finance operations to ensure timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions.
• Responsible for carrying out the company's financial plans; its internal control systems and procedures; the maintenance of its fiscal records; and the preparation of financial reports.
• B/A or B/S Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or similar studies required.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience to include, supervisory, controllership or senior accountant capacity in a healthcare or non-profit setting required.
Candidates looking for work in the Service industry will be interested in Robert Half Finance's Internal Auditor role. Robert Half Finance is seeking experienced candidates with strong communication skills. This Internal Auditor role is a strong match for those who have the ability to balance multiple responsibilities. The Internal Auditor opportunity is a full-time role that is located in Rochester, New York.
• Determine top risks and integrity controls by planning and recording processes
• Perform follow-up on both open and past due internal audit and SOX observations on a regular basis
• Take on special research and projects as needed
• Produce precise audit observations and recommendations to management both verbally and in writing
• Record rest results and give support for an informed, objective opinion of the risk exposure
• Help manage a range of third-party compliance assessments and audits
• Efficiently relay project status to ...
We're looking for a Financial Analyst with effective communication skills. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working as part of a team. Financial Analyst candidates will be interested in this opportunity through Robert Half Finance to join a thriving company, if they are skilled. As the Financial Analyst, your responsibilities with consist of performing financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze, and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. Other important responsibilities will consist of advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management. If the idea of interacting with team members as a crucial business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management excites you, contact Robert Half Finance today. The Financial Analyst role is a full-time employment opportunity in the Rochester, New York.
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Must have experience with QuickBooks. This position will work closely with the Finance Director, managing accounts payable and receivable.
• Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
• Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
• Bring the books to the trial balance stage
• Perform partial checks of the posting process
• Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
• Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
• Proven bookkeeping experience
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Data entry skills along ...
Under general supervision, assists the Guardianship team with accounting and administrative functions, and client services. Effectively supports ongoing and collaborative communication amongst all program staff, and is responsible for ensuring a trauma informed care environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing administrative and accounting assistance to the Adult Protective/Guardianship program.
- Daily mail processing
- General daily filing
- Actively maintain/purges case records- lead staff for this task
- Obtain copy of award letters, or provide landlord statements and cash flow statements as requested
- Scan documents into appropriate folders
- Monitor client’s weekly wages and reports to Social Security
- Assist with annual tax preparations
- Completion of various program and data entry projects as directed by supervisor
- Assists with preparing Medicaid/SNAP/RHA recertifications
- Delivers/obtain documents by deadline to County Clerk/DHS ...
Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for you to become a critical part of an innovative company, as a full-time Staff Accountant. To be successful, challenges and multiple moving components should excite candidates. This Staff Accountant position is for candidates who can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. To succeed in this role, you will need to perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. This Rochester, New York area-based position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. If you're a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets, this may be the role for you.
What you get to do every ...
This position, located at Monroe Community Hospital, is responsible for determining the financial resources of patients/residents and the appropriate collection procedures to be used in collecting delinquent accounts. Duties also involve working with patients/residents regarding Medicaid applications and re-certification processes. The work is performed in accordance with established practices and procedures. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of, a Patient Accounting Manager or other higher level staff member. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field; OR,
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered ...
This reputable Manufacturing company is seeking a Controller through Robert Half Finance who has a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department. You might be a good fit for this position if you can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. To succeed in this role, you will need to lead with integrity and reliability and have the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. This position is for a creative team player with a talent for challenging the status quo, coming up with unique ideas, negotiating and influencing. This opportunity could advance your career, along with providing you with a very ...
If you are an outstanding Financial Analyst, you might be right for the position Robert Half Finance is filling for a fast-growing company. This Financial Analyst position includes tasks like measuring, analyzing, and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans and conducting financial modeling on a variety of financial products. In addition to advising management on the assignment of resources to best complete objectives, you will prepare reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management. As the Financial Analyst, your main duties will include supporting world class strategic and financial planning methods, building long-range operating plans to support business imperatives and developing rolling forecast processes to ensure resources every quarter are consumed at maximum effectiveness. In conjunction with your day-to-day tasks, you will assist with ...
One of our growing manufacturing clients has a need for a Cost Accountant. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for creating and maintaining a cost accounting system that will reduce financial waste and increase profits. As the Cost Accountant you will work closely with the Controller and CFO to provide cost analysis needed to successfully support lean manufacturing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study
• Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
• 3 or more years of costing experience in a manufacturing industry
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
For immediate consideration, please send your resume today.
Freed Maxick CPAs has opportunities for Tax Leadership, specifically with ASC 740 experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a firm that offers continuous training, advancement opportunities, flexible scheduling, a supportive environment, low turnover, and career/life balance.
The ideal candidate for this position would be a Tax Senior or Manager with 4 to 10 years combined public accounting and/or corporate tax department experience including federal and state tax compliance, ASC 740 (FAS 109) tax reporting, SOX internal controls, working with companies that have foreign subsidiaries, and strong managerial and communication skills. The ability to research tax issues and thoroughly document tax analysis and conclusions in writing is also required.
• Assisting with non-U.S. reporting for ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes.
• Technical review of U.S. International tax companies, including the foreign tax credit, form 5471, and ...
Accountemps has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk that offers an invigorating work environment among a team of motivated professionals. Attending to the general administrative needs of the AP/Finance Department, this role works closely with and reports to the Accounting Manager. Matching and batching code, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L and processing checks are integral functions for this position. Join a fast-growing team in this exciting job opportunity that offers career growth. Located in Rochester, New York, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a short-term temporary-to-full-time opening.
• Assist internal business partners with any customer services needs
• Help with internal and external audits as required
• Handle administrative tasks for the AP/Finance Department
• Open, organize, and distribute department mail daily
• Execute daily processes and ...
Immediate full and part-time opportunities in our Rochester Audit Department for degreed professionals with current public accounting experience, CPAs or CPA-track. We are looking for individuals with 1 – 6 years of experience.
Freed Maxick hires the most qualified people available and gives them maximum opportunity to advance!
Join Freed Maxick and
• Be a member of A Top 100 Firm in the United States and A Top 50 Vault-Ranked Firm
• Work with amazing clients in diverse industries
• Experience promotion, prestige & advancement opportunities
• Benefit from a challenging, productive work environment
• Receive excellent compensation & benefits, and spot bonuses
• Keep your technical skills sharp through ongoing CPE; we train for soft skills too
• Enjoy great career / life balance
• Maintain manageable schedules and travel
• Be part of a unique, sociable culture
• Take advantage of flexible and alternative schedules
• Give back to the community ...
Are you determined to rise to different challenges and reach goals quickly but effectively? Are you interested in working with a well-respected company? Robert Half Finance may have the job you are looking for. In the role of Senior Accountant, you will handle the preparation and consolidation of financial statements, the analysis and reconciliations of accounts, and the analysis of cash flow. You will also establish budgets and forecasts, prepare audits, and manage internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. High-level analytical skills are a must. This full-time position comes with a strong compensation and benefits package, as well as the chance of growth.
• Engage in various department-wide initiatives
• Perform monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
• Contribute to coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
We have immediate opportunities for Tax Specialists (Senior/Supervisor level) in our Rochester, NY office.
Our Tax Department provides comprehensive tax services and specialized expertise to businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates, non-profit and public entities. Our services include compliance (preparation), planning and consulting. The Tax Department serves clients in all fields, with particular emphasis in manufacturing, distribution, construction, and retail.
As a Tax Specialist, you will be called upon to deliver professional services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. You will be part of our team, and assist in developing high level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, as you perform detailed tasks on engagements while delegating to and supervising others.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
• Identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities
• Preparation and review of ...
Bookkeeping & Accounting interns will be trained on processes and hands on from day one. We are looking for motivated and responsible interns studying…
In accounting administration or related field required. General understanding of generally accepted accounting policies and procedures.
Support various financial activities in the Operations Accounting department. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field and minimum 4…
Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles. Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and…
Provide support for Accounting, Human Resources and Compliance Departments. We are currently looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to play an…