Note: You are only seeing Rochester accounting jobs posted within the last 7 days. Click here to see all Rochester accounting jobs.
We have immediate opportunities for Tax Specialists (Senior/Supervisor level) in our Rochester, NY office.
Our Tax Department provides comprehensive tax services and specialized expertise to businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates, non-profit and public entities. Our services include compliance (preparation), planning and consulting. The Tax Department serves clients in all fields, with particular emphasis in manufacturing, distribution, construction, and retail.
As a Tax Specialist, you will be called upon to deliver professional services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. You will be part of our team, and assist in developing high level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, as you perform detailed tasks on engagements while delegating to and supervising others.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
• Identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities
• Preparation and review of ...
One of our growing manufacturing clients has a need for a Cost Accountant. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for creating and maintaining a cost accounting system that will reduce financial waste and increase profits. As the Cost Accountant you will work closely with the Controller and CFO to provide cost analysis needed to successfully support lean manufacturing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study
• Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role
• 3 or more years of costing experience in a manufacturing industry
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
For immediate consideration, please send your resume today.
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Must have experience with QuickBooks. This position will work closely with the Finance Director, managing accounts payable and receivable.
• Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
• Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
• Bring the books to the trial balance stage
• Perform partial checks of the posting process
• Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
• Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
• Proven bookkeeping experience
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• Data entry skills along ...
Under general supervision, assists the Guardianship team with accounting and administrative functions, and client services. Effectively supports ongoing and collaborative communication amongst all program staff, and is responsible for ensuring a trauma informed care environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing administrative and accounting assistance to the Adult Protective/Guardianship program.
- Daily mail processing
- General daily filing
- Actively maintain/purges case records- lead staff for this task
- Obtain copy of award letters, or provide landlord statements and cash flow statements as requested
- Scan documents into appropriate folders
- Monitor client’s weekly wages and reports to Social Security
- Assist with annual tax preparations
- Completion of various program and data entry projects as directed by supervisor
- Assists with preparing Medicaid/SNAP/RHA recertifications
- Delivers/obtain documents by deadline to County Clerk/DHS ...
This position, located at Monroe Community Hospital, is responsible for determining the financial resources of patients/residents and the appropriate collection procedures to be used in collecting delinquent accounts. Duties also involve working with patients/residents regarding Medicaid applications and re-certification processes. The work is performed in accordance with established practices and procedures. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of, a Patient Accounting Manager or other higher level staff member. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field; OR,
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered ...
Normandy Corporation, a Nationwide Lending Company since 1985, with excellent office near downtown, seeks Accountant part-time 12-16 hrs./wk.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field. Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. QuickBooks experience is a MUST!
Under close supervision, performs various financial or accounting duties of moderate complexity. Verifies the completeness and consistency of accounting or…
This position will support all aspects of the company’s financial activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *include the following.
Must be comfortable working with financial, billing, and accounting systems. A minimum of 2 years' experience in Billing, Accounting or Finance is required.
Associates Degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience. The Accounting Specialist will have a broad set of responsibilities supporting all transaction…
Bachelors degree in accounting or business. Manage any outsourced accounting services in international locations. Two years of experience in managing others.
A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. 1+ years of transactional accounting experience using QuickBooks for/in a…
Knowledge of basic accounting principles. Associate’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience. The Accounts Payable Specialist performs accounting and…
BS in Accounting a minimum of two years accounting experience. Experience with Financial Edge (FE) Accounting, Parish Soft Accounting, Microsoft SharePoint, and…
Miscellaneous clerical duties, including but not limited to filing, mailing, organizing and other assigned job-related duties to assist accounting team.
Accounting skills with A/R a plus. Is the largest independent tire distributor in the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic, with 16 offices in 9 states, from Vermont to…
Assist Controller with the continued development of ERP system and web-based reporting tool, streamlining accounting functions and reporting.
Knowledge of accounting principles and policies. Maintain accounting policies and procedures in Procare. Office Assistant will work in accordance with all laws…
Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance. Key team player in the credit /AR function responsible for billing activities for machine orders (as divided within…