Town of North Hempstead seeks a Part-Time/Seasonal Positions.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs manual tasks and simple routine duties in the operation and maintenance of various facilities in the Department of Public Safety; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under direct supervision, the work is routine and repetitive, requires limited use of judgment, and is checked for quality and completeness.
1. Operate and maintain the TONH Pump-Out boat.
2. Cleans, maintains and patrols recreation and parks buildings, grounds, beaches, parks, recreation facilities, parking fields, picnic areas, public property and structures, or other assigned areas. ·
3. Sells, rents, issues, collects, checks, or verifies admission tickets, parking fees,
passes and mooring rentals.
4. Maintains order, and explains and enforces applicable rules and regulations.
5. Collects monies, and counts, records, and safeguards receipts.
6. Directs vehicular ...
Responsible for supporting school groups, families and visitors as they enter and depart the LICM Theater for scheduled productions. Candidate will be one of the “faces of the theater” to visitors while acting as a problem solver. Successful candidate will organize seating in advance for school visits and guide the school groups and families to their seats during their visits. Coordination is required with Theater Manager, Reservations Manager and Visitor Experience Coordinators to facilitate activities during theater productions. They will introduce performers and facilitate after show activities with audience. The Theater Education Coordinator will assist theTheater Manager in maintaining theater audience area between shows and other production needs when shows are not in performances.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.); preferably in Theater or related fields in customer service, experience in the performing arts and working with children ...
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Accountant/Office Assistant.
• Reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Preparation and posting of accurate journal entries for billings, cash receipts, payroll, interest, rentals, service charges, assets and liabilities and adjusting journal entries.
• Aid in full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
• Revenue and expense account reconciliations and analysis
• Balance Sheet account analysis
• Preparing monthly journal entries
• Analyze ad-hoc reporting for Town operations and budgets
• Organize and maintain financial records
• Assist in setting up and reviewing annual budgets
• Assist Accounting Manager with other tasks as required
• Other general office duties such as ordering supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail, updating paper work and documents, updating calendar schedule
• 4+ years ...
This position will interact with children, parents and adult caregivers by facilitating fun and educational children’s birthday parties.
The Birthday Party “Host” is responsible for:
• Greeting birthday families and their guests
• Implementing party activities and demonstrations
• Encouraging children to participate
• Serving party food and cake
• Party set-up and clean-up.
The ideal candidate will have excellent “people,” communication and customer service skills, be highly active with guests, keep pace with party activities and exude the perfect balance of professionalism and fun. Compensation: $14.50 to $19 per hour (depending on party level/theme)
Work schedule: Weekends and/or Weekday nights. Parties are held Wednesdays through Fridays, from 4:30 - 7:30 pm and Weekends from 10 am – 3 pm. Individual parties are usually 1.5 hours with half hour of set-up and half hour of clean-up. Parties are scheduled on a per diem basis, according to staff ...
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Claims/Accounts Payable Auditor.
The position requires a unique candidate who has both a legal and a financial background.
• Reviewing and approving claims for payment
• Ensuring that claims include all required signatures and other supporting documentation, as necessary
• Becoming familiar with New York State Prevailing Wage Law and ensuring vendor compliance with certified payroll submittals
• Ensuring that the Town’s procurement and payment policy is complied with
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• New York State Licensed attorney with a financial background
• Experience drafting, reviewing, analyzing and executing the terms of contracts
• Experience with and Knowledge of municipal law a plus
• Financial or auditing background is a plus
• Position involves daily communication with departments and personnel ...
Museum Guides travel to these locations and guide children between the ages of 4-9 years old to learn about the natural environment of the Bronx through hands…
Is a community-based organization whose mission is to dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline by encouraging creative confidence in young people and equipping…
Develop and follow a routine with the children. Be creative to prepared and set up daily activities that promotes social, physical and intellectual growth of…
Basic general office / clerical tasks as needed. Duie Pyle is the Northeast’s premier integrated supply chain solutions provider ideally equipped in servicing…
Serve as a technical problem-solver/troubleshooter involving daily telephone contact and regular visits to assigned ACOs and assigned geographical areas.
Greeting patients as they arrive and answering the phones. Seeking a part time medical receptionist for a new and growing dental practice in the South Bronx.
Background in teaching or education. Everything related to the well being of the child or children. Nanny should have an understanding of observation and…
You will be responsible for accurately taking Guests' food and drink orders and maintaining a thorough understanding of all menu items with the ability and…
Masters Degree(Psychology) and New York State Certification – School Psychologist with Bilingual Extension( Spanish speaking required).
Many of our Deregulated Energy Agents *earn an average of $1000.00 - $3000.00 per week. Earn With KT, LLC, a national sales and marketing firm, is seeking…
Monitor mentee’s GPA and credit accumulation and maintain a folder including notes and other information to track student progress.
Help student develop age appropriate play skills and meet milestones. Early Intervention Special Instructor (SI) teachers specialize in supporting and…
Answers in-person inquiries, helps patrons locate needed materials and refers patrons to the appropriate place or person for assistance.
You are in luck, Laundry Wings Washerplus choose their own hours, drive their own vehicles, and keep 100% of their tips! Keep 100% of your tips.
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and five years of full-time paid experience acquired within the last fifteen years, of…