North Hempstead’s Town Attorney’s Office seeks litigating attorney to represent the Town in a wide range of potential matters with a specific focus on tort liability defense. Candidate will handle defense of personal injury and property damage claims, beginning with the processing of “Notice of Claims” up to and including trials and appeals. The ideal candidate will also handle litigation of other matters including Article 78 proceedings. Litigation experience with insurance defense preferred. Knowledge of the Town is a plus.
The Town of North Hempstead is an equal opportunity employer.
The North Babylon School District is seeking a dynamic 21st Century leader looking to be a part of a collaborative, forward-thinking, strategic team to support the district in the areas of budgeting, financial management, capital planning, business and facilities operations by supporting the vision, mission and core beliefs of the school district. The successful candidate should have a proven record of success as a system-wide leader, possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
The Successful Candidate will have:
• The ability to supervise District Business Office, Facilities, Transportation and Food Service personnel
• Proven success in the development and implementation of fiscal planning, purchasing, payroll, competitive bidding, employee benefits, transportation and operation of the food service program
• Knowledge of bond implementation
• Keen organization ...
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Commissioner of Public Works is responsible for planning, administering and directing the operation of complex and diversified public works programs, projects, and facilities; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under administrative direction, the duties include formulating and administering departmental policy. The Commissioner also directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative personnel.
1. Formulating policy, plans and procedures for all public works provisions.
2. Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative and supervisory personnel.
3. Plans, directs and reviews public works projects of all divisions and departments.
4. Plans, reviews, and recommends public works construction, plans, specifications, contracts, changes, and final acceptance.
5. Directs the maintenance of records and the preparation of reports
6. Prepares and presents ...
The Freeport Public Schools is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Assistant Superintendent for Business and as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team for the District. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success as a system-wide, collaborative leader, with extensive knowledge and experience in the areas of: Budgeting, Financial Management, Capital Planning, School Safety/Security, School Nutrition Program, Informational Technology, Transportation and Facilities.
The anticipated start date for the position will be on July 15, 2020 or sooner.
• Candidate must possess valid NYS SDA or SBA/SDBL certificate
• Master's degree with major concentration in school business administration required; doctorate preferred
• Minimum of five years experience as a chief or assistant school business administrator preferred
• Proven record of success in all phases of NYS school finance and business operations
• Strong ...
Town of North Hempstead seeks a Superintendent of Highways.
The Superintendent of Highways is responsible for maintenance and construction of Town roads. He or she is responsible for ensuring that all operations are carried out efficiently and safely. The Superintendent‘s duties include all aspects of road integrity including pot hole repair, snow removal, clean-up after major storms, maintenance of existing and placement of new traffic and parking signs, road drainage and catch basin maintenance/repair, maintenance, removal and replacement of trees and vegetation adjacent to roads. The Superintendent is also responsible for acquisition and maintenance of all equipment necessary for these duties.
The Superintendent manages a full time staff of over 100 people at five locations, including two maintenance garages, one sign shop, and an administrative office. The Superintendent fulfills a position whose duties are mandated by State and Town law such as determining whether roads ...
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Builds, maintains, and repairs wooden articles, equipment, and structures in public institutions and agencies; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under supervision, the position requires use of judgment and skill, and the work is reviewed for quality, accuracy, and completeness.
1. Installs, alters, repairs, and maintains floors, roofs, partitions, doors, window guards, wood fixtures, furniture, and other wooden articles and equipment.
2. Operates power saws, wood lathes, planers, sanders, and mortising machines, and other tools and equipment.
3. Cleans, sharpens, and repairs carpentry tools.
4. Supervises and instructs laborers and other assigned personnel.
5. Performs and variety of noncarpentry maintenance and repair tasks as required.
6. Makes work-time estimates, and keeps simple records.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, and ...
Secondary Business teacher vacancy beginning September 1, 2020.
Position to include college level accounting assignments.
Preferred business background, CPA highly desirable.
A Farmingdale Teacher demonstrates a commitment to students as intelligent consumers of content by fostering learning opportunities that support students as self-reflective regulators of their learning, providing meaningful and purposeful feedback, and addressing social emotional learning. Candidates must be committed to their own continuous growth in professional knowledge and pedagogy and possess a willingness to collaborate with parents, teachers, students and administrators to maximize learning for all.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
• An understanding of his/her responsibility to challenge and support all learners
• Success in helping diverse groups of students to achieve at high levels
• Philosophical and practical understanding of teaching to students who reflect ...
The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking an Assistant Town Attorney. The position requires a unique candidate who has both a legal and a financial background.
• Reviewing and approving claims for payment
• Ensuring that claims include all required signatures and other supporting documentation, as necessary
• Becoming familiar with New York State Prevailing Wage Law and ensuring vendor compliance with certified payroll submittals
• Ensuring that the Town’s procurement and payment policy is complied with
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• New York State Licensed attorney with a financial background
• Experience drafting, reviewing, analyzing and executing the terms of contracts
• Experience with and Knowledge of municipal law a plus
• Financial or auditing background is a plus
• Position involves daily communication with departments and personnel throughout the Town. The ...
Seasonal Laborer I Position - Season starts from May 1 and runs through September 30
The Town of North Hempstead Department of Parks and Recreation is looking for seasonal laborers. This position performs maintenance throughout the Town Park facilities. Person must have the ability to learn the care and use of standard tools and equipment used in maintenance activities. The person must also be able to follow oral instructions and be in good physical condition and health in order to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
SEASONAL LABORER 1 POSITION
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES Under supervision, performs a wide variety of maintenance and park operations duties.
TYPICAL DUTIES 1. Performs a variety of landscaping tasks, including mowing lawns, planting flowers, shrubs, and trees, applying fertilizers and spreading soil and mulch. 2. Loads and unloads equipment and supplies. 3. Performs unskilled construction work including painting, mixing of concrete, asphalt ...
Valid New York State Driver’s License. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Education and or related field. Knowledge of New York State Child Care Regulations.
Five years or more in a customer service field. Full-time front desk position at a busy pediatric and orthodontic office in Huntington.
You must possess a valid NY driver’s license in good standing and speak clear fluent English. Certification is not required (HHA/CNA are preferred).
Someone comfortable setting up playdates, talking and reading to their baby, taking the baby on a stroll, simply loving their child like their own.
Advantage Talent Services, the leading provider of independent medical examinations, is hiring full time Data Entry Associates to gather, prepare and enter…
Includes facilitating and the implementation and education of new processes/practices, i.e. currently implementing education of Ligature Risk Prevention Process…
Now hiring at 1335 New York Avenue, Huntington…
Drivers or State Issued (Required). BACHELORS in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Pre-Law, or Computer Science. MUST ENLIST OR COMMISSION INTO US ARMY.
Clean license and your own car, legal to work and able to pass a background check. Do you own your own vehicle? 2 years as a nanny for one family.
The primary function of this position is to perform independent review of safety related data from individual safety case reports for content, quality,…
Understanding of data analysis and forecasting. Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts. Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts…