GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Builds, maintains, and repairs wooden articles, equipment, and structures in public institutions and agencies; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under supervision, the position requires use of judgment and skill, and the work is reviewed for quality, accuracy, and completeness.
1. Installs, alters, repairs, and maintains floors, roofs, partitions, doors, window guards, wood fixtures, furniture, and other wooden articles and equipment.
2. Operates power saws, wood lathes, planers, sanders, and mortising machines, and other tools and equipment.
3. Cleans, sharpens, and repairs carpentry tools.
4. Supervises and instructs laborers and other assigned personnel.
5. Performs and variety of noncarpentry maintenance and repair tasks as required.
6. Makes work-time estimates, and keeps simple records.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, and ...
Seasonal Laborer I Position - Season starts from May 1 and runs through September 30
The Town of North Hempstead Department of Parks and Recreation is looking for seasonal laborers. This position performs maintenance throughout the Town Park facilities. Person must have the ability to learn the care and use of standard tools and equipment used in maintenance activities. The person must also be able to follow oral instructions and be in good physical condition and health in order to perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
SEASONAL LABORER 1 POSITION
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES Under supervision, performs a wide variety of maintenance and park operations duties.
TYPICAL DUTIES 1. Performs a variety of landscaping tasks, including mowing lawns, planting flowers, shrubs, and trees, applying fertilizers and spreading soil and mulch. 2. Loads and unloads equipment and supplies. 3. Performs unskilled construction work including painting, mixing of concrete, asphalt ...