Town of North Hempstead seeks a Part-Time/Seasonal Positions.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs manual tasks and simple routine duties in the operation and maintenance of various facilities in the Department of Public Safety; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under direct supervision, the work is routine and repetitive, requires limited use of judgment, and is checked for quality and completeness.
1. Operate and maintain the TONH Pump-Out boat.
2. Cleans, maintains and patrols recreation and parks buildings, grounds, beaches, parks, recreation facilities, parking fields, picnic areas, public property and structures, or other assigned areas. ·
3. Sells, rents, issues, collects, checks, or verifies admission tickets, parking fees,
passes and mooring rentals.
4. Maintains order, and explains and enforces applicable rules and regulations.
5. Collects monies, and counts, records, and safeguards receipts.
6. Directs vehicular traffic and parking in an assigned area, as required.
7. Gives information to the public, delivers messages, and performs routine clerical duties directly related to assignment in the Department of Public Safety and consistent with attendant functions.
8.Reports needed repairs of equipment and facilities, as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1.Ability to understand and carry out instructions.
2.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public.
3.Ability to maintain simple records.
4.Good physical condition and health.
Training and Experience:
Completion of eighth grade education.
The Town of North Hempstead is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)