Do you have what it takes?
• Are you at least 16 years old and have been an Erie County resident for one (1) month?
• Can you perform light physical duties (pushing book trucks, lifting books)?
• Do you have basic computer literacy and alphabetizing skills?
• Are you an energetic person with a go-get ‘em attitude?
A page is responsible for ensuring books, magazines, media and music are out and available for Buffalo & Erie County Public Library customers. A page gets the materials to their correct locations and keeps them in order. Your job will involve being “on the move” within our libraries: you will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist and push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
You may like this job if:
• You are organized and detail-oriented.
• You like knowing where things are, and are great at solving puzzles.
• You connect well with others and believe in providing exemplary customer experience.
• You’re a reliable team player who adapts quickly.
You’ll love this position if:
• You believe in lifelong learning.
• You are friendly, approachable and helpful with customers’ basic questions about the library.
• You enjoy being on the move. You will lift, stretch and push without hesitation.
Locations: Central Library, (8) Buffalo city Branches and (28) suburban locations
Hours: Part-time; up to 19 hours/week (possible days, evenings and weekends)
The Buffalo & Erie County Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Visit the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library website at www.buffalolib.org
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)
If you’re interested in joining our team, download and complete an employment application from
the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library website at: http://www.buffalolib.org/sites/default/files/pdf/jobs/employment.pdf
1) email using the Apply link above OR
2) mail to: Buffalo & Erie County Public Library
Human Resources Department
1 Lafayette Sq.
Buffalo, NY 14203 OR
3) Submit a completed application to any Buffalo & Erie County Public Library location