This is routine work involving responsibility for the sanitary, efficient and safe performance of duties related to the preparation and serving of food. Work is performed under the direct supervision of Food Service supervisory personnel, who inspect the work for adequacy and conformance to standards. Supervision of others is not a responsibility of this class. Does related work as required.
In order to perform the duties of this position, an application should possess, or be able to:
• Wash pots and pans
• Clean small and large equipment
• Clean walls, floors, baseboards, light fixtures, tables and chairs
• Assist in food preparation
• Restock areas and dispensers with food, beverages, soap, paper products, etc.
• Dispose of garbage and refuse
• Deliver food to nursing units
• Operate cash register if necessary
• Working knowledge of cleaning techniques, food preparation, and serving practices
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
• Ability to get along with others
Candidates for employment with Monroe County Government will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test, along with a background investigation. Failure to meet the standards may result in disqualification.
If you are appointed, you will be required to possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate your capacity to meet the transportation needs of the position.
The following factors will also be considered:
Work and attendance record
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)
Apply online or send civil service application to:
Monroe Community Hospital
435 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, New York 14620