This is a professional position responsible for evaluating, planning and providing occupational therapy treatment to patients, individually and in groups, in accordance with written prescription or referral from a physician who provides medical direction. The Occupational Therapist is responsible to a Supervising Occupational Therapist for the operation of the department. General supervision may be exercised over Occupational Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapy Aides, clerical staff and students assigned to the service. Does related work as required.
Typical Work Activities:
• Performs occupational therapy procedures upon the written prescription or referral from a physician, utilizing an exercise or creative activity treatment program designed and/or adapted to correct or improve any disability;
• Evaluates the degree of function and disability of patients unless contraindicated by the Therapist's professional judgment or a physician's admission notes;
• Develops a treatment plan based upon findings, short and long term rehabilitation goals and in accordance with the physician's diagnosis, prescription or referral;
• Records on patients' charts all evaluations, reevaluations, progress notes, consultations and discharge summaries;
• Participates in the selection of personnel in the occupational therapy service, assigns their duties and provides supervision;
• Participates with other facility personnel in the formulation of patients' total care plans;
Licensed and currently registered or eligible for licensure and registration by the New York State Education Department as an Occupational Therapist.
Provides off-week therapy sessions
$40 - $45 per hour
Candidates for employment with Monroe County Government will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test, along with a background investigation. Failure to meet the standards may result in disqualification.
If you are appointed, you will be required to possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate your capacity to meet the transportation needs of the position.
For a full job description, click here:
Download/View Full Announcement (PDF)
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)
Apply online or send civil service application to:
Monroe Community Hospital
435 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, New York 14620