Main Purpose of Job
Lead the continued development of consumables used for support removal and surface finishing of additive manufactured parts. Our detergents and media are a key component of the PostProcess "automated, intelligent & comprehensive" solution and will help allow us to maintain our industry leading position. As the Senior Chemist, you will lead the innovation of new highly efficient detergents and medias to stay ahead of the curve of the continual and rapidly expanding 3D print materials. These proprietary consumables provide an important recurring revenue stream, an ongoing relationship with all of our customers and are key to maintaining our market leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Leads all Chemistry efforts in support of the overall company objectives.
• Gains a solid understanding of the purpose and requirements of both support removal and surface finish processes for 3D printing.
• Drives the Chemistry Team to become industry experts in understanding the formulation and chemical makeup of all 3D printed build and support materials.
• Collaborates with Sales Engineers, Application Engineers and customers to understand the industry and customer specific challenges to then define specific efforts to lead development of unique, innovative, and comprehensive consumable formulations.
• Researches, tests, validates and commercializes detergent and media formulations that when combined with PostProcess Hardware and Software solutions provide an unparalleled competitive advantage.
• Works with existing suppliers and develops relationships to expand the consumable supply chain to minimize consumable development time, production lead time and cost.
• Utilizes PostProcess Engineering Processes to fully define all consumable product requirements (Product Specifications) including formulations, packaging, handling and Safety Data Sheets.
Teams closely with the Engineering Manager to develop consumable OKRs that are laser-aligned with our company OKRs.
• Works independently and with the Team to ensure assigned projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and of the highest quality.
• Thoroughly documents all product changes per PostProcess Design Control Procedures.
• Defines and manages the Chemistry Wet Lab including capital equipment budget and purchases, maintenance and Safety requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
• 8-10 years of Chemistry laboratory development experience including 3-5 years in a lead role.
• Background in Chemistry/Materials Science preferred with extensive knowledge of composites, polymers, metal alloys, etc. required.
• Ability to thrive doing both research for future applications as well as continuous improvement on current production consumables.
• Understanding of software driven electromechanical machinery.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative team player approach – with co-workers, customers and suppliers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally.
• Ability to make decisions with limited data and be willing to fail fast.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Google Drive, Gmail, Google Apps,…
• Technical writing skills a plus.
Education & Experience
• BS in Chemistry plus a minimum of 8 years of industry experience required.
• MS in Chemistry preferred, with a focus on compounding/formulation.
• Proven experience in leading/mentoring new graduate team members.
• Experience working with contract manufacturing partners.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Driven self-starter focused on results.
• Experience in an ISO certified organization a plus.
• Experience in an early stage, high growth company is beneficial.
• Knowledge of additive manufacturing a definite plus.
• Does what is best for company before what is best for oneself
• Effectively utilizes Objectives & Key Results (OKR) process
• Optimistic Problem Solver
• Resourceful – consistently gets the important things done with limited direction
• Accountable – consistently "Does What They Say They're Going To Do"
• Team Player – willing to roll-up their sleeves and be a utility infielder as required
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Trustworthy & Honest
• High Sense of Urgency
• Strong Work Ethic
• Well Organized
• Quick Learner
• Good Sense of Humor – work hard, play hard approach
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)