If you’re looking to join one of the hottest tech companies in the fast-growing 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing (AM) market, this is the role for you. As the Head of Strategic Partnerships, you will be responsible for forging prosperous partnerships with select 3D printer companies, initially in the U.S. and then globally. This position reports directly to our CEO.
Who We’re Looking For
The Head of Strategic Partnerships will work closely with PostProcess senior leadership to develop our strategy to recommend and bundle our automated post-processing solutions with their printers. This executive will then establish relationships with senior leadership at our chosen partners to negotiate and implement win-win deals. As a result of removing the post-printing bottleneck, your impact will help 3D printer companies increase their sales of printers and materials, as well as improving end-customer satisfaction. The candidate must have an outstanding track record of developing and implementing global strategic partnerships with C-level executives that have resulted in annual revenue of $50m+.
The successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically about our business and our partners’ success while working in collaboration across all departments and all teams to deliver exceptional partner satisfaction. Customer focus and hands-on execution are hallmarks of a successful PostProcess teammate.
Our commission plan is uncapped so there is a significant opportunity to earn substantial commissions in the fast-growing AM market. There is also the opportunity to earn equity as part of the overall compensation package.
What Success Looks Like
• Develop deep AM expertise to become an indispensable trusted advisor to Strategic Partners.
• Develop and implement strategic partnerships with both polymer and metal 3D printer companies that are well aligned with our strategy. This requires a systematic approach to establish influential relationships with the Key • Decision Makers at Strategic Partners, including a thorough understanding of each partner’s vision & values. A complete understanding of the organizational structure (and who really gets things done), technology, roadmaps and go-to-market plans is also essential.
• Expand the team and pursue additional global partnerships once the model is well proven with select partners in North America.
• Meet or exceed monthly sales targets for machines, consumables and service.
• Team closely with senior leadership and sales at the 3D printer partners to continually expand the Key Opportunity (KO) pipeline.
• Effectively utilize our Value Selling Tools and team with marketing to continue to expand the toolkit and our value proposition both to our Strategic Partners as well as end customers.
• Help establish relationships between our marketing team and the Strategic Partner’s marketing team to execute a comprehensive co-marketing plan.
• Conduct regular headquarters visits with Key Decision Makers to demonstrate the full capabilities of our solutions and our world-class team.
• Coordinate all activity at Strategic Partners to ensure we are consistently delivering exceptional customer satisfaction. This requires close coordination across all functions, with a particular emphasis on training, to ensure the Strategic Partners build the necessary infrastructure within their organizations to deliver exceptional customer satisfaction.
• Attend and speak at industry events to ensure we continue to expand our presence and influence in the industry.
• Regularly provide customer insights and market information to influence our product development, marketing strategies, and overall company strategy.
• Team closely with the CEO to develop OKRs that are laser-aligned with our company OKRs.
• Develop KPIs to ensure systematic progress against OKRs and implement Dashboards to effectively communicate the status of partnerships at All Company Meetings.
• Meet monthly OPEX targets by effectively planning travel and ensuring maximum ROI on all expenditures.
What Makes You the Right Fit
• World class relationship development skills with the ability to establish and nurture influential relationships with Key Decision Makers at our Strategic Partners.
• Superior value selling, negotiating and closing skills with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategic deals that result in $10s of millions of annual revenue.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative team player approach. Ability to build trust and confidence with peers and other stakeholders.
• Tech-savvy with a passion for 3D printing and how it is revolutionizing manufacturing.
• Strong track record of leading cross-functional teams that led to rapid KO closure and quick customer issue resolution.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment including a high tolerance for ambiguity.
• Extremely well-organized with excellent prioritization and time management skills.
• Effective communicator that is always direct and transparent with the courage and ability to take a strong position when required for the good of the company. Also able to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally.
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to thoroughly engage technical and executive audiences.
• Ability to make decisions with limited data and the confidence to fail fast. A continuous improvement / growth mindset and approach are essential.
• Regular travel will be required initially in the U.S. and then globally.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Google Drive, Gmail, Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
Requirements You’ll Need
• B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline; MBA preferred.
• 10+ years of experience implementing and growing global strategic partnerships with technology companies. • Initially, the deals will be for dozens of machines growing to hundreds+ per year so having a proven track record of negotiating deals in the $10s of millions is required.
• Experience selling within the Additive Manufacturing market is a strong plus.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams of peers to achieve customer-related OKRs.
International experience a plus since most of the metal printer companies are headquartered in Europe.
• Leadership experience a plus. There will be opportunities to lead the Strategic Partnership Team in the future but if you love selling and want to focus all of your energy on closing significant deals versus managing people, there will be no pressure to move into a leadership role.
• Expertise with CRM tools such as Salesforce or Solve is essential for communication within the company.
• Experience in an early stage, high-growth company is beneficial.
Who Thrives at PostProcess
• Does what is best for company before what is best for oneself
• Leadership role model
• Trustworthy & Honest
• Tenacious “hunter”
• Contagiously optimistic problem solver
• Team Player – willing to roll-up the sleeves and be a utility infielder as required
• Accountable & Dependable – consistently “Does What They Say They’re Going To Do”
• Resourceful – consistently gets the important things done with limited direction
• Strong Attention to Detail
• High Sense of Urgency
• Strong Work Ethic with Endless Energy
• Well Organized
• Good Sense of Humor – fun to work with and has a work hard, play hard approach.
• Effectively utilizes Objectives & Key Results (OKR) process
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)