Why Join the PostProcess Team
If you’re looking to join the hottest tech company in the fast growing 3D printing market, this is the role for you. As a Finish3D Application Engineer, you will be working with printer technology, additive materials, data and processes that are on the leading edge.
Developing and applying various technologies to achieve the desired end result of additively manufactured parts and assemblies. These additive components include build material technologies created within the full array of additive machinery; from thermoplastics and photopolymers to metals.
The end result achieved may vary from removing support structure of these parts and assemblies, or applying mass finishing techniques through use of proprietary software driven equipment to improve surface quality; or any combination of both.
Parallel to application development, the Application Engineer will also assist the Sales team with customer interaction, serving as an additional point of contact for any customer questions or concerns as they relate to the end use condition of their specific parts. These parts will span the full range of the manufacturing sector, from automotive to aerospace and medical.
Additionally, the Application Engineer will assist the Engineering team in the ongoing development and refinement of the PostProcess Technologies comprehensive line of automated solutions. Our technologies are constantly evolving along with the needs and requirements of our expanding customer base. Application Engineers at PostProcess Technologies will be at the front line, determining what these needs are, and playing a vital role in the growth of both the company and the industry of Additive Manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work with customers to understand their application and how PostProcess Technologies solutions would work for those applications.
• Provide application specific details to Finish3D for processing benchmarks from the customer.
• Nurture and maintain trusted-advisor customer relationships beginning with the Benchmark process, through headquarter visits, site inspection, equipment install and continued post-sale support, resulting in exceptional customer satisfaction.
• Support Finish3D in Buffalo NY, one week a month. Tasks include supporting the Benchmark process and becoming fully knowledgeable on how our Hardware, Software and Chemistry (media and detergents) all work together to the achieve optimal post print results across all additive manufacturing technologies from thermoplastics, photopolymers and metals.
• Establish and maintain a regular post sale communication with each assigned customer to ensure equipment is being fully utilized and generating regular consumable sales.
• Along with the training team, assist in development of training materials, and user guides used both for customers and PPT employees as initial training tools and continued education.
• Work directly with the Sales Team to identify Key Opportunities with existing and potential customers
• Serves as the technical “voice of the customer” liaison between the customer and Finish3D to promote continuous improvement activities in HW, SW and Chemistry development. Regularly updates Finish3D of new or advanced additive materials, processes, and or customer applications and make recommendations for product improvements and or new product developments to ensure PostProcess Technologies maintains its position as the leading market innovator.
• Be available to assist Field Engineers in documenting and perform pre-delivery customer site inspections to ensure all installation requirements are or will be met upon delivery of the equipment, providing for seamless equipment install and immediate customer utilization.
• Pass oral and written certification tests on PostProcess Technologies HW, SW and Chemistry along with application/process development for customers. Yearly certification required.
• Extensive US travel required and potentially international travel in the future. Maintain availability and flexibility for on-call and on-site customer support.
• Attend trade shows and other significant customer events.
• Candidate will need to spend initial three (3) months in Buffalo, NY to train on our various machines, run benchmarks and fully understand our solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with strong written and verbal skills.
• Focus on excellent customer service leading to exceptional customer satisfaction.
• Understanding of Additive Manufacturing as a process.
• Process development, improvement, and implementation
• Working knowledge of surface quality including mechanical and chemical treatments for improvement
• Ability to write case studies and white papers in support of PostProcess applications.
• Troubleshooting various types of machinery.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and/or 3-5 years relevant experience, or acceptable combination of both
• Leadership or management experience preferred
• Experience using CRM programs such as SalesForce
• Must hold valid driver’s license
• Preferred: Security Clearance
• Effectively utilizes Objectives & Key Results process
• Problem Solver
• Accountable & Dependable – does what they say they’re going to do
• Team mentality
• Attention to Detail
• Excellent Organizational Skills
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)