LONG TERM HOUSING CASE MANAGER – Part Time (10 hours)
Provides case management and case coordination to women and families in Long Term and Affordable Housing.
• 3-5 Year experience working with domestic violence survivors. Ability to identify the trauma related to domestic violence and establishes support as needed, both for the adults and children in the home as appropriate.
• Link consumers to appropriate services and activities within and outside the YWCA, including employment and training services, legal assistance, substance abuse programs, mental health, schools and other appropriate services. Serve as liaison between YWCA and other social agencies and community resources.
• Ability to establish trusting relationships with consumers in order to provide ongoing support as identified by the individual.
• Maintain accurate up-to-date income records. Schedule consistent meetings to ensure progress towards meeting goals.
• Ability to create initial assessment summaries and ongoing progress notes.
• Document participants’ activities, goals, and progress toward individual goal plans in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
• Communicate and case conference regularly with supervisor.
• Assist women and families in recertifying for eligible housing – Assist residents with the RHA and DHS housing recertification process.
• Case conference with property rental manager, providers, and other YWCA staff. Maintain consistent and frequent communication with the Property Management and YWCA team.
• Knowledge of Best Practices which include- Trauma Informed Care, Person Centered Practices and Motivational Interviewing
• Participate in community workgroups as it relates to the Continuum of Care and coordinated access
• Demonstrates understanding of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
• Demonstrates compliance with all appropriate HIPAA Privacy and Security Standards as defined by the YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County.
• Bachelors Degree preferred in Counseling, Human Services, Sociology or Social Work. May consider Associates Degree with good combination of education and experience with at least 2 years in case management, crisis intervention or counseling.
• Must have experience and proficiency in database management and Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge and experience with community services
• Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
Usual human services office working conditions prevail. Must be available to work 10 hours per week with the possibility of additional hours.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)