An RN Unit Coordinator is responsible for the resident care on his or her assigned unit. This position oversees the day-to-day clinical activities of health care personnel, such as LPNs and CNAs, while maintaining a safe environment for residents and striving to meet maximum security and comfort needs. Additionally, the RN unit coordinator must be able to interpret patient information and make critical decisions about necessary actions, as well as administer medication, wound care and other personalized interventions.
Shifts: Full Time 40.0 hrs 3pm-11:30pm
• Completed Nursing Program training
• New York State Registered Professional Nurse licensure
• Experience in long-term care facility preferred
• No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and misappropriation of property
• Able to interpret patient information and make critical decisions about necessary actions
• Ability to supervise and work well with and show respect toward other health care personnel (i.e., CNAs, LPNs, physicians, etc.), residents and their family members
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to follow written and verbal instructions
• Caring and compassionate bedside manner
• Respect for residents’ privacy and rights; display of genuine concern and empathy for the elderly
• Able to perform tasks while upholding high standards of quality, cleanliness and kindness
• Physical endurance for frequent activity; ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
Call 716-632-3700 ext. 271 for more information.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)