RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Unload, sort, and stock food received from Foodlink and other vendors and community organizations
2. Drive BFC van to pick up food from area retailers or community organizations as requested (candidate must have valid NYS driver’s license and pass a driving background screen)
3. Assist Brighton Food Cupboard Coordinator in daily coordination of volunteers
4. Accept donations from the community maintaining appropriate In-Kind receipts
5. Assist shopping for client food packages, as needed
6. Assist with maintaining a clean food pantry including equipment
7. Practice proper food safety and inventory control
8. Assist with monitoring and maintaining food pantry equipment for proper and safe operation as requested
9. Other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent credentials
EXPERIENCE: 2 years of work experience required. Excellent phone and people skills essential. Must be organized and able to work in a face paced environment. Computer skills a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have a current, valid NYS driver license and a reliable car. Able to climb stairs. Able to lift 50 lbs daily.
Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)