The Psychiatric Nurse assumes responsibility for the provision of a range of health related services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness attending the Mental Health Clinic, including health screening, administration of psychotropic medication, health education, and teaching.
• Conducts and reviews physical health screenings of consumers in the Mental Health Clinic. Coordinates the scheduling of emergent physical needs and obtains medical reports from Primary Care Physicians.
• Monitors metabolic status and other recommended laboratory tests for clients prescribed atypical antipsychotics and other medications.
• Maintains client records, medical histories, medication records and completes updates in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Administers psychotropic medications as ordered by the Psychiatrists or PNP and coordinates refills with the pharmacy. Communicates with prescribers regarding individual’s response to medication and promptly reports any side effects or adverse reactions.
• Participates in the planning, implementation and review of individual treatment plans in the context of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Carries a small caseload of clients and provides supportive therapy and case management as needed.
• Meets or exceeds productivity billing expectations.
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures to include being aware of the importance of Corporate Compliance Policies and the Code of Conduct. Responsible for maintaining required certifications and licenses.
Values: Demonstrates the organization’s values
• Customer Service
• Continuous Improvement
Education, Experience, Skills and/or Licensing/Certification Required:
• A Registered Nurse with current NYS nursing license and at least one years’ experience working with mentally ill adults.
• No supervisory experience is required.
• Lifting less than 20 lbs.
Rochester Rehabilitation Center, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Rochester Rehabilitation Center, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)