A Social Worker plans, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the overall operation of the Social Service Department in accordance with the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and our established policies and procedures. This person may be directed by the Administrator to assure that the medically related, emotional and social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis. The Social Worker will have administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for carrying out assigned duties. Every effort has been made to identify the essential function of this position. However, it in no way sates or implies that these are the only duties. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the similar, related or in an essential function of the position.
Shifts: Part Time, 3 days a week
• Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Human Services or Psychology Degree with experience in geriatrics.
• Must have a one year supervised social work experience (paid/volunteer) in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
• Possess a working knowledge of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards.
• Participate in facility surveys conducted by authorized government agencies.
• Maintain a quality working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities and organizations.
• Plan, assists, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates and directs the social service programs of the facility.
• Understand and communicate surge plan information to medical records.
• Monitor and evaluate the utilization of psychotropic medications and related behaviors and update care plan when necessary, including: scheduling of short-term care plan reviews, gradual dose reductions, referrals to MSW, Psychologist and Psychiatrist.
• Review complaints and grievances along with lost property reports made by the resident/family and make a written report to the Administrator indicating what action was taken to resolve the complaint or grievance.
• Participate in resident/family council meetings as requested and provide support services to such council.
• Arrive at work in neat, clean attire and consistently present an appropriate professional appearance.
• Prepare any other necessary duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)