The Production Assistant (PA) works closely with the Production Manager to coordinate and supervise all volunteer repack activities. This includes facilitating the flow of raw product into the production room and stocking finished product into the warehouse while maintaining accurate records of product movement. The PA also conducts offsite repacks as necessary. The PA also works closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure a positive, rewarding and safe experience for all volunteers.
PRODUCTION ROOM COORDINATION
1. Prepares for the volunteer repack activities taking place as assigned, including daily set up, tear down and clean-up of repack area.
2. Provides instruction to volunteers for repack activities and ensures that volunteers are following safety policies and procedures in the repack area(s).
3. Transports raw product into the repack area, conducts proper sorting and/or re-packaging functions with the volunteers and stocks the finished product into proper storage location(s).
4. Records product and waste figures that pass through the production room. Provides the Production Manager with rack locations/weights of product going into the room, weight of waste generated during repack and rack locations/case counts of finished product being stocked into the general warehouse.
5. Accounts for all materials utilized during offsite repack activities.
6. Maintains all sanitary and safety conditions in the production room as required by all food handling authorities (USDA, NYS Inspector, Feeding America, etc.).
7. Maintains professional and courteous working relationships with member agencies, food bank staff, management, donors and volunteers.
8. Assist as needed in the daily operation of the warehouse and other related activities as required or assigned by the Chief Operating officer.
9. Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• One (1) year of related work experience in volunteer coordination preferred. Production, warehousing and inventory management experience a plus. Food handling and previous work for non-profit organization is a plus.
• Ability to utilize warehouse equipment such as fork trucks, electric hand jacks, hand carts etc. Fork Truck certification required.
• Ability to life and carry objects weighing up to 50lbs.
• Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours.
• Willingness and ability to learn sanitary food storage and handling guidelines and practices.
• Ability to read and perform basic mathematical functions.
• Ability to relate effectively to other staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the general public.
• Commitment to serving vulnerable populations and ending hunger in the Southern Tier of NYS.
• Possession of a valid NYS Drivers’ license and a driver’s record considered acceptable by agency and insurance carrier.
• Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CCDR’s corporate compliance and ethics program.
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment, including motor vehicle;
• Stand, sit, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, and reach;
• Climb up or down stairs;
• Able to reach above or below shoulders;
• Occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 20 lbs;
• Sitting at a desk or in a vehicle for long periods of time to perform certain job functions;
• Be able to read write and interpret written documents.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)