SomaDetect is looking for a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer to help design our embedded sensing systems. Our sensing systems include lasers, cameras, ARM processors, power supplies, and IoT technologies. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in these areas. Our sensor is a real-time data acquisition system that analyzes milk in real-time and communicates key data to the cloud. This data helps dairy farmers understand milk quality and herd health in real time. We are looking for a highly-functional, self-driven engineer that is passionate about real-time ARM / Linux- based embedded systems used in IoT applications. This position will be based out of our Buffalo, NY office.
• Aid in the overall system (i.e., H/W & S/W) design of our embedded sensor systems.
• Design and implement embedded software to capture milk quality information from our sensor system and potentially from other IoT devices on dairy farms.
• Help optimize all aspects of the sensor system – electrical / electronic, software, and mechanical.
• You have proven experience creating embedded Linux-based applications, using C / C++ / Python, running on Ubuntu, Debian, or R/T Linux.
• You have strong experience working in Agile environments and like to work in Scrums and Blitz sessions.
• You are very familiar with Software Quality Assurance, bug tracking, and issue resolution. You also know how to apply this knowledge to embedded H/W issues.
• You have a strong understanding of embedded coding standards and current best practices.
• You have the ability to troubleshoot embedded system issues.
• You are very familiar with all aspects of embedded systems: S/W, H/W, circuit design, PCB design, device / system integration, etc.
• You have strong communication and documentation skills.
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they need to produce the best possible milk. We are a dynamic start-up company founded in Fredericton, NB. Our core product is an in line sensor that measures every critical indicator of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics, among others) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), provides these measures quickly (i.e., minutes, not days), and is very accurate.
We use IoT sensor technologies combined with computer vision and machine learning techniques, to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, manage milk quality, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers, and better lives for cows.
Applications should include relevant work samples that display creativity and problem solving.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)