The Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) & Vice President of Product Development will report directly to the CEO. He/She will be viewed as a key member of the management team and the leading source of scientific expertise and leadership within the company. The CSO is responsible for a streamlined approach in delivering a high quality, scientific/technology pipeline to ensure new product development for existing products lines or for an unmet need. He/She establishes the company’s strategic R&D roadmap and provides exemplary scientific input into R&D programs to support the overall direction of new product development.
Responsibilities include the conceptualization, design and development of the Company’s products, projects and programs with scientific input in the areas of business development, clinical development and commercialization, financial planning and execution, intellectual property, regulatory matters, manufacturing, and quality.
• Responsible for the development and oversight of the following: cell line development, biosensor development, in vitro and in vivo testing of products, and animal testing.
• Recruit, train, and supervise the scientific team; responsible for management and professional development of this group.
• Responsible for development and implementation of new strategies to dramatically reduce lab-to-market timelines.
• Develop and participate in the company’s efforts toward funding (investors and non-dilutive sources), new business opportunities, and product strategy.
• Responsible for oversight of company IP and the development and writing of new patents.
• Responsible for the development of new SBIR/STTR strategies and an active participant in all aspects of the grant writing process.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Ph.D. in scientific discipline (Cell biology, molecular biology, pharmacology, biomedical engineering, etc.)
• Experience with cell culture systems, molecular imaging, and sensor technologies (preferred)
• 10 or more years of executive and managerial experience with broad expertise in diagnostics, molecular biology, cell biology and (preferably) biomedical engineering
• A track record of driving product development from the lab to the market
• Proven skills in evaluating, building, and motivating teams
• Deep knowledge of FDA regulations – specifically the 510(k) and PMA processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences, including customers, investors, and the Board of Directors
• A desire to be a part of a nimble, high-growth team passionate about bringing products to market to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)