Experienced elementary school Assistant Principal wanted for highly successful school district.
Applicants should possess a strong background in curriculum, instruction, and professional development. Experience required in implementing and management of APPR, the observation and evaluation process, and providing faculty and staff with actionable feedback. Experience necessary in RtI, evidence-based interventions, the CSE/504 process, chairing meetings, and supporting inclusive learning environments that meet the needs of all learners.
Candidates should have knowledge and experience in the following instructional and management areas:
• Teachers College Reading and Writing Workshop. Experience in delivering professional development through the coaching model preferred
• Constructivist mathematics
• The use of formal and informal assessments, planning small group and whole class instruction and designing appropriate interventions for students
• The ability to analyze data for short and long term planning purposes
• The design and implementation of performance-based assessments
A deep understanding of adult learning theory and the change process is required. Applicants should have experience in supporting teachers as they make instructional change.
Additional requirements include: teaching experience, proven ability to build positive relationships with families and staff, background in designing and providing professional development for teachers and administrators, and knowledge of effective elementary instruction.
Certification: NYS School Building Leader
Reports to: Principal, Osborn School
Terms: 12 months, salary and benefits based on the Rye Administrators Association collective bargaining agreement.
Start date: On or about November 1, 2018
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)