Town of North Hempstead seeks a Part-Time/Seasonal Public Safety Laborer 1.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs a wide variety of unskilled manual tasks; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under direct supervision, the work is routine and repetitive and requires limited use of judgment.
1. Sweeps streets, gutters, and alleys and loads refuse into trucks.
2. Mows lawns; plants bulbs, shrubs, and trees; spreads fertilizers, digs ditches; cleans culverts and catch basins; and shovels snow.
3. Loads and unloads equipment and supplies.
4. Performs unskilled construction work including mixing of concrete and assists in building rough cement forms.
5. Assists with road construction, paving, and other activities including asphalt patching, grading, and painting lines.
6. Operates motorized equipment relevant to job.
7. Erects signs, posts, and fences.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to learn the care and use of standard tools and equipment used in public works activities.
2. Ability to follow oral instructions.
3. Good physical condition and health in order to perform manual labor for extended periods.
Training and Experience
1. No formal training requirement.
2. No prior experience requirement.
The Town of North Hempstead is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)
Send resume plus cover letter summarizing qualifications.