We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to complete hardware development for our dairy sensor products and to design and develop other products as we grow. The person holding this position will be responsible for development of the 3D designs, drawing and prototyping of the sensor devices, and preparing for manufacturing. We are looking for a curious and tech-savvy engineer who is passionate about connected devices and is ready to work for a dynamic start-up. This position is based in Buffalo NY.
• Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems for our sensor system or other IoT devices for dairy farms.
• Work with hardware and product development team to develop new product designs and lead the development of software solutions for deployment.
• Design innovative sensor systems and other dairy farm hardware from early solution architecture through to manufacturing transfer.
• You have proven working experience in mechanical engineering with a minimum of 3 year of developing products (full development cycle from concept through production). A bachelor’s degree in engineering or higher is preferred.
• You have hands-on experience with plastic part design in the food or agriculture industry. Experience with optical sensors, computer vision systems, light pipes, touchscreens, and industrial communication systems would be an asset.
• You have some experience working in Agile environments and like work in Scrums and Blitz sessions.
• You are comfortable with interdisciplinary product development, including interfacing with industrial designers, electrical, firmware, and software engineering personnel.
• You are familiar with embedded systems and IoT or connected devices.
• You have knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
• You have strong documentation and writing skill.
• You have knowledge of SolidWorks.
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they need to produce the best possible milk. We are a dynamic start-up company founded in Fredericton, NB, that is opening a new office in Buffalo, NY. Our core product is an in-line sensor that measures every critical indicator of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), is extremely quick (think seconds, not minutes), and accurate. We use an IoT sensor technology combined with computer vision and machine learning techniques to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, manage milk quality, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers and better lives for cows.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)