We are looking for a motivated and innovative thinker with excellent technological skills for a position as Internet-of-Things Dev Ops. Internet-of-Things (IoT) is big business, and it’s here to stay. This is why we are seeking an individual who has a passion for new technology and new developments. This individual will be responsible for IoT technology and solutions at SomaDetect, ensuring overall connectivity and data transfers. The Internet-of-Things Dev Ops is a high impact and meaningful role responsible for optimizing IoT solutions and integration.
• Responsible for overall connectivity from farm to cloud to ensure proper connectivity and orchestration
• Optimizes data transfers of IoT technologies
• Implements and works with version control for software
• Effectively builds and maintains IoT landscape through design and implementation
• Continues to maintain technical and business knowledge of IoT applications to keep up with technology trends
• Assists SomaDetect continue to be a market leader in the dairy technology industry by using and optimizing IoT solutions
• At least one year of professional experience with AWS for IoT applications
• At least one year of experience working with distributed systems such as Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka, or Apache Spark
• At least one year of experience building CI/CD pipelines
• Good understanding of networking and security
• You possess an educational degree in Information Technology/Computer Science.
• You have hands-on technical skills working with IoT hardware technologies and cloud-based products.
• Experience managing large amounts of connections, along with building IoT communication systems and platforms
• You have a strong passion for technology and technology trends, and you are motivated and eager to learn more.
• You have exceptional critical-thinking and analytical skills.
• You have strong communication and documentation skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to a broad range of individuals.
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they need to produce the best possible milk. We are a dynamic start-up company founded in Fredericton, NB, that is opening a new office in Buffalo, NY. Our core product is an in-line sensor that measures every critical indicator of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), is extremely quick (think seconds, not minutes), and accurate. We use an IoT sensor technology combined with computer vision and machine learning techniques to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, manage milk quality, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers and better lives for cows.
Applications should include relevant work samples that display creativity and problem solving.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)