The North Rockland (Haverstraw-Stony Point) Central School District is seeking a dynamic, talented, and experienced leader to serve as the Director of Special Services. The Director of Special Services will be responsible for providing leadership and overseeing all components of District and outside educational programs and services for students with disabilities, ensuring full compliance with all Federal and State laws and regulations. This individual will work collaboratively with District and building administrators, faculty, staff, parents and community members to ensure the effective delivery of programs and services. The Director of Special Services is a full-time, 12-month position at the District level.
Job Qualifications Include:
• At least three years of successful professional experience as a special education teacher or school psychologist
• At least three years of experience as a building or District administrator, including experience with special education programs
• Thorough understanding of effective pedagogical practices and instructional strategies for students with specific learning disabilities and behavior disorders
• Ability to coordinate and lead innovative professional development opportunities to ensure faculty and staff are utilizing exemplary instructional practices.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, staff members and families
• Proficiency in directing, coordinating, and facilitating the development and implementation of action plans intended to accomplish specific goals and objectives related to special education
• Strong experience with the development and management of budgets for various programs and services
• Extensive background knowledge of software for IEP development and monitoring
• Excellent organization and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and work independently
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
Valid NYS administrative certification (SDA or SDL) is required. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and regionally competitive.
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)