Town of North Hempstead seeks a Automotive Servicer.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Performs routine manual work servicing automotive equipment; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under direct supervision, the position requires the limited use of judgment, and the duties are routine and repetitive.
* 1. Pumps gas, changes oil, lubricates, cleans radiators, repairs flat tires, replaces batteries, washes equipment, and performs other routine automotive servicing.
* 2. Maintains records of all fuel, oil, and other automotive supplies issued.
3. Parks vehicles in proper locations.
* 4. Performs general cleaning or laboring work in garage or work areas.
5. Acts as chauffeur, as required.
*ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to learn the use of tools and equipment employed in motor vehicle servicing.
2. Ability to perform routine manual work servicing automotive equipment.
3. Ability to maintain simple records and to follow oral instructions.
4. Ability to operate a variety of trucks and other automotive equipment.
Training and Experience
1. Graduation from high school;
2. Completion of eighth grade education
One year of satisfactory experience as a gas station attendant or in performing routine servicing of a variety of automotive equipment.
Necessary Special Requirement
Continuing possession of an appropriate class, valid Driver's License issued by the State of New York.
The Town of North Hempstead is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)