Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a top 100 Firm in the U.S., has opportunities in Buffalo and Rochester, NY at the Senior and Manager level for SALT experts.
As a Manager, your role will include:
• Managing, coordinating and overseeing State and Local Income, Sales & Use and Property tax work as part of our growing tax practice
• Oversight and heavy involvement is various state and local tax projects, including nexus studies and acquisition due diligence.
• Involvement in decision making process pertaining to the direction and growth of the state and local tax practice.
• Formulating and delivering innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies and going to market with these opportunities
• Generating SALT opportunities within our existing client base
• Developing and managing client relationships
• Completing multiple, simultaneous engagements within deadline timeframes
• Researching and consulting on complex tax matters
• Coaching and managing staff, providing opportunities to learn and succeed
• Recognizing complex technical issues, evaluating facts efficiently, and using strategic decision-making skills to assist management in solving problems
• Ensuring top quality client service and overseeing client service performance of staff
• Recognizing needs and issues pertinent to client activity and demonstrating ownership of engagement’s day-to-day tasks and activities.
• Developing referral sources, which may include involvement in community, social, business, and professional organizations, as well as Alumni functions
• Increasingly developing understanding of how to identify market opportunities; assisting senior leadership in identify marketing and sales opportunities
• Positively representing and actively promoting the Firm
• BS/MBA in Accounting
• 6 – 10 years of progressive management experience
• State and Local tax experience at a manager level
• Excellent writing, communication and tax research skills
• Business development skills
• Able to grow and manage client relationships
As a Senior/Supervisor, your role will include:
• Preparing and filing income tax returns using Prosystems as well as other tools that support a paperless document management system
• Researching issues pertaining to all matters of state and local taxation.
• Heavy involvement is state and local tax projects, including nexus studies and acquisition due diligence.
• Responding to client inquiries
• Identifying basic client accounting and/or tax issues and can research/resolve them
• Preparing supporting work papers (apportionment, state/federal difference etc.) for state income tax returns
• Preparing state quarterly estimated tax payments
• Responding to notices and information requests issued by various taxing authorities
The Senior/Supervisor role is the bridge between the staff, who are executing the client-service related tasks, and management, who are strategizing and overseeing successful completion of efficient engagement activity and top quality client service.
The Senior/Supervisor is expected to develop confidence with his/her role, to become fully acclimated to a supervisory position, where he/she may be in charge of the day-to-day activity on multiple engagements and/or supervising multiple team members. The Senior/Supervisor increasingly needs to be able to perform the most complex technical tasks of the engagement and work more and more with less supervision.
• BS or MBA in Accounting
• CPA or CPA track
• 3 to 4 years of public accounting experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of state and local tax laws, rules, regulations, and supporting authorities
• Ability to handle complex assignments and take a lead role in developing/reviewing the work of less experienced staff.
• Understanding of basic accounting and financial reporting issues
• Ability to communicate issues and solutions verbally and in writing
• Ability to multi-task, producing an appropriate volume of work with high attention to detail, in a results-driven, team oriented environment.
• Strong computer and technical skills
Join the Freed team and experience
• Great Work / Life Balance
• Manageable Schedules and Travel
• Unique Sociable Culture
• Flexible and Alternative Schedules
• Giving Back to the Community and Volunteer Initiatives
Visit our website to learn more about us as we celebrate our 60th year!
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)