We are currently reviewing applications for our CNA Training Program for employment at Northgate Health Care Facility. CNAs work under the direction of a licensed nurse (RN) to provide daily nursing and personal care to residents and patients in accordance with the individual’s plan of care. This position is responsible for tending to the physical and emotional needs of residents, while ensuring they are comfortable, safe and maintaining good hygiene and personal cleanliness.
Training Program Schedule
16 Days: 10 classroom (75 Hours); 5 clinical days (37.5 Hours) including one day on the afternoon shift; final exam and graduation are on the 16th day.
NO MISSED TIME is allowed.
Training is held monthly. Start dates for each month depend on the facility. You will be given all of the information regarding training dates by our Human Resource Director once you are hired. Training program schedule is subject to change.
**NOTE: All individuals hired for the CNA training program are employees of the company and will work at the facility after training is completed and the New York State exam is passed.
• Minimum 18 years of age
• No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and misappropriation of property
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions and work well with and show respect towards fellow staff members, physicians, residents and family members
• Caring and compassionate bedside manner
• Respect for residents’ privacy and rights; display of genuine concern for the elderly
• Able to perform tasks while upholding high standards of quality, cleanliness and kindness
• Physical endurance for frequent activity; ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)