The Beacon City School District seeks qualified and experienced applicants for the following full-time (1.0 FTE) probationary position.
The Business Education teacher must be able to:
Plan, prepare, implement, monitor, and evaluate a quality competency-based Business and Technology Program leading to the development of student skills sufficient to qualify for entry-level employment and/or post-secondary education using effective instruction with all students.
• Valid NYS Certification in Business and Marketing (all grades);
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in the following are required:
- Curriculum development and delivery aligned w/ NYSCCLS for Business Education 9-12;
- Effective, student centered classroom management strategies;
- Differentiated instruction to support the needs of diverse learners in the classroom;
- Culturally responsive instructional practices for secondary classrooms;
- Integration of technology to plan, deliver, and assess student learning;
- Use of summative and formative student data to inform instructional decisions and student progress;
- Effective strategies for student and family engagement;
• Strong written and verbal communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills, required;
• Prior teaching experience preferred.
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)