Position: Classroom Teacher of the Deaf
Reports to: Supervising Teacher of Education
Start Date: Immediate
St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf in Brooklyn seeks a Classroom Teacher to develop and provide an educational program within the classroom to meet the needs of each child academically, socially, and physically.
• Develop and modify lessons to meet the individual needs of each child and the class as a whole.
• Maintain a positive, encouraging attitude to motivate others.
• Maintain on-going communication with parents/guardians and keep them informed of the child's strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement, etc.
• Utilize available resources to best meet the needs of the class.
• New York State Certified Teacher of the Deaf.
• Minimum of Advanced rating on SLPI.
• Classroom teaching experience working with deaf and/or special needs students, strongly preferred
• Capacity to manage multiple responsibilities and competing demands
• Demonstrated ability to work in a calm and respectful manner
• Commitment to fostering a collaborative, professional, and respectful work environment
St. Francis offers a competitive salary commensurate with the successful candidate's experience.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Founded in 1960, St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf in Brooklyn provides PreK-8 classroom learning and life skills to deaf children and their families. The school's mission is to encourage the maximum potential for learning in each child regardless of race, creed or color. This education embraces all facets of the child – psychological, physical, social, and emotional with the goal of producing a well-adjusted deaf individual who makes maximum use of acquired skills. The St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf is located in the Prospect Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn and is designated by New York State Department of Education as a qualified 4201 school serving students who are deaf and have special needs.
For more information about St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf, visit us online at www.sfdesales.org.
St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)