BOARD OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
18 South Perry Street
POUGHKEEPSIE, NEW YORK 12601
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN # 19-20-188 (RE-POST)
CHIEF FINANCE AND BUSINESS OFFICIAL
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Eric Jay Rosser, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
Chief Finance and Business Official
Candidates must complete an application available to print through the Human Resources Tab at www.poughkeepsieschools.org and apply through OLAS using the Apply link below.
Candidates must possess a minimum of a Master's degree and New York State School Business Administrator (SBA), School District Business Leader (SDBL), School District Administrator (SDA), or School District Leader (SDL), certificate by the time of appointment. Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in school district finance and business operations. Candidates with prior urban public school experience encouraged to apply.
The Poughkeepsie City School District (PCSD) is committed to providing students and parents with pathways to opportunity that will lead to achievement and success. Through student-centered effective and transformational leadership, school and community engagement, and an unrelenting pursuit to achieve greater school outcomes for children, the Poughkeepsie City Schools is focused on developing and growing greater access, equity, opportunity, and quality across PCSD.
Under the direction of the Superintendent, the Chief Finance and Business Official establishes strategic direction and provide leadership of the financial and business operations of the Poughkeepsie City School District. Key deliverables include but are not limited to: maintaining a multi-year financial outlook, creation of an annual balanced budget, providing financial reporting in accordance with state statutes, detailing the financial status of the district, and ensuring appropriate service delivery and outcomes associated with business functions including payroll, benefits, accounting, budgeting, purchasing disbursements, cash management, risk management, and financial planning, analysis and reporting.
The duties of the Chief Finance and Business Official include, but are not exclusively limited to, the following:
• Overseeing PCSD comprehensive fiscal planning process encompassing the operating budget and grants, in order to develop a structurally balanced, prudent annual budget and design a fiscally sound long-range financial plan encompassing budgetary control
• Providing leadership of the financial affairs of PCSD with optimal effectiveness and efficiency inclusive of providing input on district strategies programming, and financial information as appropriate
• Planning, coordinating and supervising the operation of the Finance and Business departments to promote the overall effectiveness and efficiency of PCSD in expanding opportunity and access to students and other critical stakeholders.
• Preparing PCSD's proposed annual budget for the Board's final consideration
• Conducting long-range financial research and forecasting and maintaining a multi-year financial outlook
• Designing and operationalizing a sound and equitable fiscal infrastructure with emphasis on supporting the success of PCSD schools
• Developing and implementing a school-based budgeting philosophy and framework
• Assisting schools and department leadership in budget development, monitoring and management, including maintenance of financial records and controls
• Monitoring ongoing revenue and expenditures
• Strengthening PCSD's centralized accounting, financial transactions, maintenance of official accounting records, filing of state reimbursement claims, monitoring of grants and special revenue funds.
• Managing all aspects of the Business office inclusive of grants, vendor services and payments, procurement, payroll, benefits, tax collection, and risk management
• Strengthening and implementing effective and efficient financial & budgetary internal processes and controls
• Assembling, managing, developing and actively leading a team of grants, payroll, finance, business, and accounting personnel capable of meeting the required functional responsibilities
• Participating with other leaders in the formulation of District policies and plans, and advising district leaders and others of the financial, procedural and related implications of programs and proposed changes in laws, rules, policies and procedures
• Conducting a compensation analysis, analyzing the fiscal impact of proposed compensation changes and advising leadership on financially related issues related to labor negotiations
• Maintaining knowledge of current and proposed State and Federal laws governing the control and distribution of school district finances
• Conferring with members of the New York State Department of Education, and other organizations, in regard to PCSD fiscal standing
• Responding to correspondence and inquiries related to PCSD finances
• Conducting presentations on public school finance to various organizations as needed
• Ensuring PCSD compliance with timely submission of accurate reports to New York State Department of Education.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, certifications, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
The Poughkeepsie City School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Continuous until filled
SEND LETTER OF INTEREST:
Assistant to the Superintendent
Department of Human Resources
18 South Perry St.
Poughkeepsie, New York 12603
Internal applicants may apply with only a letter of interest including permission for the screening committee coordinator to review their personnel files. They are also welcome to submit any additional documentation to support their candidacy.
The Poughkeepsie City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, disability, age, or marital status; nor does it apply any other arbitrary measure which would tend to deprive persons of their constitutional rights.
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)