Come Play with Us! Acclaimed Children's Museum seeks partners in play.
We are a not-for-profit learning laboratory that inspires children and adults through interdisciplinary, hands-on, fun experiences, located in Garden City, New York.
The membership coordinator will promote the benefits of museum membership to visitors. Daily activities include maintaining accurate member records, preparing membership mailings and providing excellent customer service to current and potential members. Additionally the membership coordinator will analyze member activity and make recommendations to increase acquisition and retention, as well as implementing marketing campaigns to grow membership sales opportunities.
This full-time position involves a Wednesday to Sunday work schedule. Ideal candidate will have two to four years of membership experience in the museum field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Input and maintain member records in Altru Database
• Prepare membership and fulfillment mailings
• Assist in member acquisition, cultivation and retention
• Track member patterns and make recommendations to improve membership sales and program benefits
• Explore new opportunities for membership program and revenue
• Educate visitors about membership program, resolve and troubleshoot member issues
• Train staff to promote member benefits to visitors and to promote membership sales
• Excellent data entry skills with high accuracy
• Expert level knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Able to learn new software quickly and train staff for successful implementation
• Excellent customer service skills
• Can work independently and support the membership team
• Able to work mornings and evenings for member and special events
• Experience using office equipment (Printer, Copier, Scanner, etc.)
• Museum or membership experience
• Altru or museum management software experience
• Two to four years membership experience in a cultural organization
Long Island Children's Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating the position of interest using the Apply Online link above or to:
Long Island Children's Museum
ATTN: Human Resources Department
11 Davis Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
FAX: (516) 302-8188
No phone calls, please.