The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking an Assistant Town Attorney. The position requires a unique candidate who has both a legal and a financial background.
• Reviewing and approving claims for payment
• Ensuring that claims include all required signatures and other supporting documentation, as necessary
• Becoming familiar with New York State Prevailing Wage Law and ensuring vendor compliance with certified payroll submittals
• Ensuring that the Town’s procurement and payment policy is complied with
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• New York State Licensed attorney with a financial background
• Experience drafting, reviewing, analyzing and executing the terms of contracts
• Experience with and Knowledge of municipal law a plus
• Financial or auditing background is a plus
• Position involves daily communication with departments and personnel throughout the Town. The ideal candidate will be a team player with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Job will require assistance with other departmental needs
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to the Commissioner of Human Resources Bob Weitzner using the Apply link below.
The Town of North Hempstead is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)