The Comptrollers’ Office of the Town of North Hempstead is currently seeking a Part Time Accountant/Office Assistant.
• Reconciliation of all bank accounts
• Preparation and posting of accurate journal entries for billings, cash receipts, payroll, interest, rentals, service charges, assets and liabilities and adjusting journal entries.
• Aid in full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
• Revenue and expense account reconciliations and analysis
• Balance Sheet account analysis
• Preparing monthly journal entries
• Analyze ad-hoc reporting for Town operations and budgets
• Organize and maintain financial records
• Assist in setting up and reviewing annual budgets
• Assist Accounting Manager with other tasks as required
• Other general office duties such as ordering supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail, updating paper work and documents, updating calendar schedule
• 4+ years of accounting experience (municipal or fund accounting experience a plus)
• Intermediate to advanced Excel experience including pivot tables, v/h lookups, etc.
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative
• Minimum three six hour days required
• Excellent written and verbal skills and communicate effectively
• Great attention to details and deadlines with exceptional organization skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to the Commissioner of Human Resources Bob Weitzner using the Apply link below.
The Town of North Hempstead is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)