We have multiple residential positions open. Full-time, part-time, and all shifts.
Are you interested in working with individuals that have intellectual and developmental disabilities? Are you honest, hardworking, energetic, and creative? At the Arc of Steuben you can help individuals improve and enhance the quality of their lives through support and advocacy.
The Arc of Steuben is committed to a person-centered approach to providing services to the people we support. This philosophy also applies to the people who work for our agency. We're as committed to your success as we are to the success of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We work to provide quality education, leadership, teamwork and career development in a positive, fun and healthy environment. That's part of the reason we were named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York State by the New York State Society for Human Resources Management and Best Companies Group.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide person directed services, including residential habilitative services and assistance in personal skill areas.
• Plan and coordinate daily activities.
• Assist and support individuals with community integration.
• Work collaboratively with others to ensure the individual's health and wellbeing.
• Maintain an environment in the home which encourages and facilitates optimal personal development.
• Complete assigned daily responsibilities.
• Complete documentation, filing and general office maintenance and other routine operational reports, charge reports and any other paperwork as assigned.
• Maintain certification and annual training updates, as required.
• May be required to use your private vehicle to transport the people we support.
• Will be expected to drive a company vehicle upon meeting requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The person in this position should exhibit the following characteristics & abilities:
• Conscientious, dedicated, self-disciplined, and a sense of responsibility.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and prioritize multiple assignments with attention to detail and deadlines in a high volume, stressful environment.
• Proven ability to establish effective relationships and work in a team environment to meet team and company goals.
• Exercises discretion in handling confidential information. This includes medical, financial and personal information of associates and persons served.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of introductory computer skills, including basic Microsoft Office skills.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• CPR/First Aid/AED and SCIP Certification within the first six months of hire
• This person must possess a valid driver's license for the state in which the person resides and maintain a safe driving record per agency policy. Additionally, this person must maintain up to date insurance, vehicle registration, and vehicle inspection and provide proof thereof as they may be required to transport people that are served by the agency in their personal vehicle.
• Paid Time Off – Vacation, Holiday, Bereavement
• Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Account
• 401K Retirement Plan
• Employee Assistance Program, Discount Programs & Recognition Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement, Comprehensive Paid Training & More!
• Working for a non-profit agency may qualify you for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program through the Federal Government
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)