Do you like to have FUN?! Do you think outside the box? Do any of these words describe you: Passionate -- Creative -- Compassionate -- Motivating? Do you thrive in a team environment where everyone desires to learn and grow? Are you interested in making a difference in your community? Have you previously worked in Human Services as a Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide or Direct Support Staff?
If you answered a resounding "YES!!!" to all of these questions, we are looking for you!!!
Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc is currently seeking a dedicated, compassionate advocate to work with people with developmental disabilities. As an employee at Epilepsy-Pralid, Inc, and an advocate for the individual, you will be a part of a team of people working to support individuals to become independent and productive in their home, empowering them to live the life of their choice.
With locations in Mendon, Rush, Henrietta, Ontario, East Rochester, Rochester, and Binghamton - we offer full time, part time, and relief hours.
The Residential Habilitator counsels individuals while providing supervision, training, and assistance in accomplishing activities of daily living, which includes but is not limited to: self-care skills, social skills, recreation skills, community skills, and domestic skills.
• Assists the individual in providing for their dietary needs including, but not limited to: meal preparation, meal planning, grocery shopping, etc.
• Assist Management with individual's personal goal plans.
• Attend staff meetings as directed to evaluate and promote effectiveness of both the individual program and the general program.
• Transports individuals as directed.
• Previous experience as a Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide or Direct Support Staff is a definite plus!
• New evening orientation times available for part time or relief new hires
• On-the-job paid training
• Full medical, dental and vision plans for qualified employees
• High school graduate or equivalent; one year experience in the human service field preferred.
• Maintain a valid New York State drivers license; a vehicle is required to perform the job
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be trained in all required trainings within 90 days of being hired and maintain current certifications with all required trainings
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
• Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)