Hawthorne Cedar Knolls Union Free School District is a Special Act Public school district located on the grounds of the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services in Westchester County. The District serves both residential and day students with emotional challenges in grades K – 12.
Hawthorne Cedar Knolls Union Free School District is currently accepting applications for the position of School District Treasurer
The position reports directly to the Assistant Superintendent of Finance and Superintendent of Schools.
This is a confidential and exempt position, and requires a 12 month work year.
Successful candidates should be able to
• Demonstrate knowledge of municipal accounting procedures
• Demonstrate knowledge of financial systems (nVision)
• Prepare cash flow reports on a monthly / quarterly basis
• Prepare accurate Treasurer's reports for the Board of Education
• Possess knowledge of NYS public school district requirements for internal and external auditing and compliance
• Effectively supervise a team of Business Office staff members
The School District Treasurer must possess a Bachelor's degree in the Business / Accounting field, although Master's Degree / CPA is preferred. Knowledge of New York Public education regulations and Special Act methodology is a plus.
Commensurate with experience – Salary range $80-95K
Effective Date of Employment
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)
Deadline to apply December 15, 2017