To enable people in our community to break the cycle of poverty and to reach their full potential.
Compassion * Respect * Integrity * Teamwork * Excellence
The program analyst position is responsible for overseeing the programmatic financial records including accumulating and analyzing data necessary for the preparation of all vouchers and billing, various financials reports (internal and external), budgets, and forecasts. This position is a partner with the division Vice President in assuring the financial success of the division. All tasks are completed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) with a solid understanding of federal, state, and contractual regulations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Oversees Program reporting and analysis.
- Meets with Program Vice Presidents as needed to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Ensures proper recording of revenue and expense
- Prepares monthly journal entries for program related activities
- Ensures timely internal and external reporting for all programs within the division
- Coordinates quarterly review process with Program Directors, VP of Finance, and CEO
- Reviews program financials to ensure accuracy
- Coordinates preparation of internal and external reports.
Education & Qualification Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent with major coursework in accounting, finance, economics; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Minimum of two year's general funding accounting experience
• Not-for-profit experience highly desired.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and experience with accounting software.
• Detail oriented, able to interact with all levels of the organization to obtain required information, quick learner, strong organization skills, and able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with program staff and funders with the goal of optimizing financial performance
• Ability to maintain positive attitude and approach towards assignments.
Position open until filled. Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)
Qualified candidates should apply at www.voaupny.org/jobs and Fast Apply link above.