Clinical Physician 1:
Requires a license to practice medicine in New York State, possession of a M.D., M.B.B.S., or D.O. degree, completion of one year of postgraduate training acceptable to the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education of the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (or as listed in the Directory of Approved Residency Training Programs), and one year of work experience subsequent to the one year of postgraduate training.*
8:00am - 4:30pm. Pass Days: Saturday/Sunday
Clinical Physician 2:
Same as Clinical Physician 1 and completion of two years of medical experience subsequent to the one year of postgraduate training as described above.*
Medical Specialist 1:
Requires a license to practice medicine in New York State, possession of a M.C., M.B.B.S., or D.O. degree, and completion of a training program approved by the American certifying board of the medical specialty for entrance into their certifying examination or equivalent qualifications.*
Medical Specialist 2:
Same as Medical Specialist 1 with Certification by the appropriate American Specialty Board.*
• Requires eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs which must be maintained for continued employment. Failure to do so will result in the termination of your employment.
Clinical Physician 1, $127,246 - $153,256
Clinical Physician 2, $140,570- $168,266
Medical Specialist 1, $133,843 - $160,655
Medical Specialist 2, $133,475
• Salaries reflected above are for full-time.
The incumbent will perform the following general duties:
1. Oversee medical care provided to patients; obtain medical histories, perform physical examinations, order medications and procedures; authorize admissions and renders admitting diagnoses.
2. Provide individual and group health education and risk reduction counseling.
3. Available for consultation, direction, and on-side care on evenings, weekends, and during off hours.
4. Serve as health advisor to multi-disciplinary team; provide consultation/peer review to other physicians/clinicians; supervise nurse practitioner; actively participates in activities intended to improve patient care/facility operations.
5. Assist in patient discharge planning, especially in terms of health care needs, meets with patient prior to discharge.
The ATC uses a computerized patient record system. McPike ATC is a Tobacco-Free facility.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee's employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)
If interested in this position, submit a fully completed New York State Examination Application (NYS-APP) to the address below, found at this link: http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf
NYS Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services
1450 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
Christopher Affinati, Human Resource Specialist 1
(518) 457-1322 fax # (518) 457-4880