Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has more than 450 specialty and outlet shops in 47 countries around the world. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
General Purpose of the Role
ejd As a Product Associate, you will be responsible for ensuring that the company's best interest is kept in mind when creating and producing product for our HB/SLG categories.
Support the product development & production process for our handbag and small leather good categories from initial design concept through to bulk production.
• Processing and sending out tech packages and bills of material to vendors
• Communicating daily with factories across the globe
• Partnering w/ internal team and factory team to resolve technical and construction issues at every stage of development
• Processing and negotiating costing at all development stages
• Creating and presenting cost options to the cross-functional team for review and acceptance
• Creation and maintenance of WIPS for development, market and production including:
• tracking samples
• cost sheets
• custom line sheets
• Sample review and preparation
• Measuring samples and reviewing material placement against technical spec
• Reviewing samples for workmanship and execution
• Preparation of sample comments for bulk production in collaboration w/ technical design
• Selecting material color for threads and zippers based on design direction
• Data entry to systems (costing, raw material data)
• Sample check-in and prep for market
• Management of projects on behalf of the team such as zipper/thread dips; sample closet checkout/check in
• Maintain very positive and professional relationships with vendors and internal partners in an effective manner
• Actively participate in department or brand initiatives
• Schedule training and educational opportunities
• Informal "leader" for new hires and interns
• College degree required
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in production, sourcing, and product development
• Knowledge of product development processes
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Initiative/sense of urgency; demonstrated problem solving skills
• Ability to work and manage priorities independently
• Proficient in windows-based software such as excel and word
• Able to adapt in a rapidly changing and growing environment
• Strong ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility
• Building strong internal partnerships critical
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)