Hillside is now hiring a Waiver Service Provider II in Rochester, NY!
Under regular supervision and direction, the Waiver Service Provider (WSP) performs functions that assist in the care and treatment of children/youth and families and assisting children/youth to develop life and social skills in a community based setting and in establishing a safe physical and emotional environment for children/youth and families in care.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Recognizes differentiating children/youth/families behaviors, participates within designated treatment teams to develop service and behavior management plans, and, as appropriate based on skills and experience, executes such plans aimed at assisting children/youth/families to achieve their personal goals and objectives.
• Support, guide, mentor, coach and reinforce the child in successful functioning in the home or community. Areas of focus may include task completion, communication, socialization, interpersonal behavior, sensory/motor development, community activities, activities of daily living, problem-solving, managing money, and eliminating maladaptive behaviors.
• Provide planned short-term relief for family/caregivers, through direct care of the child, in order to support the family/caregivers in their capacity to nurture the child.
• Proactively maintains current knowledge of the children/youth/families emotional/behavior status, assesses the effectiveness of service plans, and supports children/youth/families interactions with family and local community.
• Provides life skills and social skills training for children/youth/families based on skills, training and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience working with youth/families is required.
• Candidates with a minimum of 4 years of experience are preferred.
• All candidates must have a valid NYS driver’s license and must meet agency driving and insurance standards.
Send your resume via email(A cover letter can be entered next.)
Using the employer's application(You will be sent to their website.)
For consideration, please submit your updated resume and completed application part A via Fast Apply link above. Our application can be found on our website - https://www.hillside.com/work/. Please be sure to also include the job name and number (9627) of the position that you are applying for.