Support the Family Law Unit by interviewing and providing compassionate support to clients in cases involving domestic violence; create safety plans for clients; connect clients with appropriate community services and agencies.
• Refer clients to appropriate community resources as needed, and follow up to assure service availability, eligibility, and provision of service;
• Conduct client interviews. Transcribe accurate, complete and detailed progress notes and recommendations;
• Consult with and provide information to the Staff Attorneys;
• Provide recommendations to the Staff Attorneys, based on assessment interviews. Provide support to clients at Court appearances;
• Deliver needed files to the Staff Attorneys at Family Court and serve subpoenas.
• Attend and participate in LASROC’s Family Law Unit staff meetings and general LASROC meetings;
• Additional duties assigned at the discretion of the Supervisors.
Create reports for attorneys based on case specifications and attorney requests. Work with attorneys to develop legal arguments, motions and other case filings.