Note: You are only seeing Long Island jobs posted within the last 7 days. Click here to see all Long Island jobs.
As the Museum enters an exciting growth phase, with a planned capital campaign and expansion, it is searching for a Director of Finance to join its team.
The Director of Finance is a senior museum position responsible for hands-on general accounting and internal and external financial reporting and analysis. Responsibilities also include tax and cash management, development of internal controls, financial policies and procedures and overseeing all insurance policies, all while controlling costs and improving processes. The Director of Finance must be able to work well with employees at all levels within the Museum, Board members, including the Board Finance Committee and the Board Treasurer and individuals outside of the organization.
Major responsibilities include:
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements for an Organization with an operating budget of approximately $5 million.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Commissioner of Public Works is responsible for planning, administering and directing the operation of complex and diversified public works programs, projects, and facilities; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under administrative direction, the duties include formulating and administering departmental policy. The Commissioner also directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative personnel.
1. Formulating policy, plans and procedures for all public works provisions.
2. Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative and supervisory personnel.
3. Plans, directs and reviews public works projects of all divisions and departments.
4. Plans, reviews, and recommends public works construction, plans, specifications, contracts, changes, and final acceptance.
5. Directs the maintenance of records and the preparation of reports
6. Prepares and presents ...
The Middle Country Central School District is seeking a full-time Assistant Superintendent for Business to administer the business and operational affairs of the district in such a way as to provide the best possible educational programs, materials and services within the financial sources available. The Assistant Superintendent for Business will play a key role in school district planning and analysis of current programs, support systems, expenditures, as well as managing all bond and capital projects. Candidates should possess the following: strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels; excellent leadership skills; and knowledge of School law as it relates to the Business Office.
Responsibilities will include:
• Administering and enforcing the provisions and regulations of state and federal laws, the Commissioner of Education and the Board of Education; establishing procedures for maintaining all records that are required by law and policy
Responsible for sales, servicing the guest, guest relations, and sanitation functions related to the serving of food and beverages.
• Has complete knowledge of the menu, including the price of each item, preparation time, portion size, plating, and garnishment procedures to ensure that food orders are properly prepared when served.
• Has complete knowledge of the beverage menu, including price of each time, preparation time, ingredients, and garnishment procedures to ensure that beverage orders are properly prepared when served.
• Uses suggestive selling techniques when serving each customer.
• Responds to guest complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and takes appropriate action to remedy guest complaints.
• Attentive to the guest’s needs, such as ready to order, refills, or payment of check.
• Assures that the dining room and service work areas are maintained in an attractive, sanitary manner by performing sidework duties, such as table ...
The Town of North Hempstead is looking for an experienced staff person to contribute in the Supervisor’s Office. The Supervisor’s office at the Town of North Hempstead works together with other Departments to assure the prosperity of the Town of North Hempstead. The individual should be highly intelligent, motivated, energetic, and dedicated. They should be able to follow direction, practice discretion, and have an understanding of Microsoft Office (specifically outlook).
Qualified Candidates will have:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Executive/Administrative support role
• Bachelor’s degree
• Be extremely detail oriented
• Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
• Be Resilient and resourceful - must be able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision
• Superior organization and time management skills
• Be Personable, articulate and professional in presentation
• Superior ...
Work closely with staff on leads generated Organically or by Google PPC & Social Media. Assistant management in various Medspa & Operating Room functions.
Our Assistants play a vital role in assisting our technicians and doctors with patient care, restraint, and TLC.
To help parents out primarily afternoon and evenings some mornings fluid schedule will provide with automobile to use if necessary food and lodging if needed…
Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date. Providing guidance and support to members regarding self- service technology;
Knowledge of HIPAA and state regulations related to the release of Protected Health Information (PHI), preferred. Attend training sessions, as required.
We are going to Hawaii and need a nanny to come to help us with the kids. All expenses paid, beautiful vacation. Hours vary with down time to enjoy the island.
Demonstrated ability to work with a team and on independent projects. Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain and…
Stony Brook University, one of four research-intensive campuses within the State University of New York (SUNY) system, is widely regarded as its flagship.
Under the general direction of the Education Manager and Fellowship Program Directors for Hematology/Oncology and Palliative Care, the Administrative Assistant…
I just need someone to care for my 2 year old part time for about 3 to 4 hours every morning. I need someone who is comfortable around a dog.
Certified Management Consultants is hiring a full time entry level position in our Records Department located in Bedford Hills, Westchester County, NY.
Perform various clerical tasks such as distributing mail and answering phones. Our ideal candidate has essential data entry skills, like fast typing with an eye…
Homework - children are very independent with this, but parents ask that you manage their assignments (if they ask. Ages 11, 8.5, and 6 years old.).
The care will be in my home until around 8;30 when either me or my husband arrives. I will need a nanny who have reliable means of transportation to pick my…
This individual will be working closely with the editorial, design, and production groups; Be a team player (but also a solid independent worker) who is…