Town of North Hempstead seeks an Executive Director of the “Yes We Can” Community Center.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Town of North Hempstead Parks and Recreation Department’s “Yes We Can” Community Center (the “community center”), located in New Cassel, NY.
This position would require leadership in staff supervision and development, fiscal management, growth and expansion of community center through membership and program administration, oversight of facility and equipment management and community relations with a specific emphasis in building and strengthening relationships in the community.
The community center is a state-of-the-art, 60,000 sq. ft. facility which features two NBA-sized basketball courts, a fitness center, dance and television studios, an internet café, community meeting rooms and much more. The amenities provided include basketball and dance programs, summer camps, after-school programs, ...
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a top 100 Firm in the U.S., has opportunities in Buffalo and Rochester, NY at the Senior and Manager level for SALT experts.
As a Manager, your role will include:
• Managing, coordinating and overseeing State and Local Income, Sales & Use and Property tax work as part of our growing tax practice
• Oversight and heavy involvement is various state and local tax projects, including nexus studies and acquisition due diligence.
• Involvement in decision making process pertaining to the direction and growth of the state and local tax practice.
• Formulating and delivering innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies and going to market with these opportunities
• Generating SALT opportunities within our existing client base
• Developing and managing client relationships
• Completing multiple, simultaneous engagements within deadline timeframes
• Researching and consulting on complex tax matters
• Coaching and managing staff, ...
We have immediate opportunities for Tax Specialists (Senior/Supervisor level) in our Rochester, NY office.
Our Tax Department provides comprehensive tax services and specialized expertise to businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates, non-profit and public entities. Our services include compliance (preparation), planning and consulting. The Tax Department serves clients in all fields, with particular emphasis in manufacturing, distribution, construction, and retail.
As a Tax Specialist, you will be called upon to deliver professional services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. You will be part of our team, and assist in developing high level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, as you perform detailed tasks on engagements while delegating to and supervising others.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
• Identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities
• Preparation and review of ...
Care Managers provide outreach and enrollment services to children presumed to meet eligibility requirements of New York State’s Children’s Health Home program. They gather assessments and enter documentation that confirms eligibility and identifies areas requiring supportive services. They work with children, families and service providers to create a comprehensive Plan of Health Care, identify additional service providers as necessary, and coordinate the continuing involvement of families and service providers in the execution of the plan. Care Managers document progress and arrange for eventual transition between health homes as necessary, or from health homes to other levels of service following changes in eligibility.
• Document all case activity, including outreach, consent development and assessment, plan development, client progress and transition arrangements.
• Administer CANS-NY, updating periodically.
• Develop a comprehensive, family-...
The New Paltz CSD has an Administrative Vacancy: Assistant Superintendent for Business. Start Date: December 2019
Posted: 10-17-19 (Salary Change)
REQUIRED: NYS SDBL, SBA, SDA, or SDL certification required
REQUIRED: A minimum of three (3) years experience as a School Business Official in a New York State Public School District
Salary: $160,000 - $180,000
Applicants must upload the following documents using the Apply link below:
(a) Cover letter - to the attention of Michelle Martoni, Deputy Superintendent, New Paltz CSD;
(c) Three current reference letters or a college credential file;
(d) Copy of NYSED Certificate(s);
(e) Copies of College Transcripts; and
(f) Writing Sample. Please upload your answer to the following question:
Our district is in the process of implementing an Action Plan to address Racial Equity. Part of creating a culturally responsive environment requires the District to make overt attempts to hire a diverse staff. ...
The Beacon City School District seeks qualified and experienced applicants for the following full-time (1.0 FTE) probationary position.
The Business Education teacher must be able to:
Plan, prepare, implement, monitor, and evaluate a quality competency-based Business and Technology Program leading to the development of student skills sufficient to qualify for entry-level employment and/or post-secondary education using effective instruction with all students.
• Valid NYS Certification in Business and Marketing (all grades);
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in the following are required:
- Curriculum development and delivery aligned w/ NYSCCLS for Business Education 9-12;
- Effective, student centered classroom management strategies;
- Differentiated instruction to support the needs of diverse learners in the classroom;
- Culturally responsive instructional practices for secondary classrooms;
- Integration of technology to plan, ...
CGR invites applications for Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is responsible for internal control structure, maintenance of general ledger, annual budget preparation and presentation, annual audit, maintenance of banking and investment advisor relationships, investment accounting and reporting (to Board of Trustees), placement of all risk management and insurance policies and practices. The CFO also upholds solid project management processes, the maintenance of an efficient operating environment and the creation, administration and evaluation of policies and procedures related to CGR’s operations and protection of CGR’s best interests.
Additional responsibilities include administration of the three CGR retirement plans including annual financial reporting, compliance, and fee disclosures; and maintenance of accounting system database as well as database of information related to human resources/benefits administration. The CFO interacts regularly with CGR’s Board of Trustees, ...
Our growing client seeks an Medical Billing Supervisor/Revenue Cycle Supervisor. The Revenue Cycle Supervisor will manage the day to day Billing, collections and A/R for the organizations. The Supervisor will also prepare financial reports for senior management and assist with budgeting and forecasting.
City healthcare organizations seeks a Medical Billing Supervisor/Revenue Cycle Supervisor. The ideal candidate will have a bachelors degree in Business administration or Healthcare Administration. Must have five years of related experience.
Medicaid Billing, Medical Insurance Billing, Patient Billing, HealthCare Revenue Cycle, Revenue Cycle Processes
Are you looking for a career that has purpose, makes a meaningful difference in someone’s life and is worthwhile?
The McGuire Group is seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) to work weekends and become members of our elite McGuire Mission Makers team.
Our nursing and rehab facilities are rated among the highest in the nation and are comprised of Mission Makers who are compassionate, dependable, courteous and informative. These premier traits are the “Keys” that guide us to create a cohesive culture for those who live and work in our facilities. Most of all, compassion is required!
Shift: 7 am – 11 pm
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Minimum 18 years of age
• New York State Registered Professional Nurse licensure
• Experience in long-term care facility preferred
• Able to interpret patient information and make critical decisions about necessary actions
• Ability to supervise and work well with and show respect toward other health care personnel (i.e., CNAs,...
Town of North Hempstead seeks a Superintendent of Highways.
The Superintendent of Highways is responsible for maintenance and construction of Town roads. He or she is responsible for ensuring that all operations are carried out efficiently and safely. The Superintendent‘s duties include all aspects of road integrity including pot hole repair, snow removal, clean-up after major storms, maintenance of existing and placement of new traffic and parking signs, road drainage and catch basin maintenance/repair, maintenance, removal and replacement of trees and vegetation adjacent to roads. The Superintendent is also responsible for acquisition and maintenance of all equipment necessary for these duties.
The Superintendent manages a full time staff of over 100 people at five locations, including two maintenance garages, one sign shop, and an administrative office. The Superintendent fulfills a position whose duties are mandated by State and Town law such as determining whether roads ...
The East Hampton Union Free School District is seeking an Assistant Superintendent for Business. This outstanding school district is located on the eastern end of Long Island and educates approximately 1,900 students. The candidate should be knowledgeable in all phases of school business office operations. Someone with experience is preferred.
The candidate should have experience in the following:
1. Planning, administering and developing the annual $71,000.00 budget.
2. Managing all phases of school business office operations, i.e., long-range fiscal planning, purchasing, payroll and employee benefits (NYSHIP Health Plan), audit preparation and purchasing.
3. Supervision of transportation, facilities and grounds, and food service operations.
4. Working with the regulations of the Comptroller of NYS and the Commissioner of Education.
Candidates must possess NYS SBA/SDA/SDL or SDBL certification. Salary and benefits are competitive.
Please submit a letter of interest, ...
IRAP is now seeking nominations and applications for the position of Deputy Executive Director.
Since its founding in 2008, IRAP has used legal aid, litigation and advocacy to protect and advance the rights of refugees, both domestically and internationally; the organization has also remained committed to developing the next generation of human rights attorneys through its work with law students. The global turn against refugee resettlement coupled with IRAP’s highly effective model has led to a period of rapid expansion to meet new levels of demand. In the past two years, IRAP’s annual budget has increased from $2 million to $9 million, and over the past six years, its staff has grown from ten to seventy-five.
As it builds capacity through this period of tremendous growth, IRAP seeks a Deputy Executive Director (DED) to provide strategic vision and leadership, lead infrastructure development and programmatic oversight, manage IRAP’s dedicated and talented team, and ...
The Administrator for Instructional Support Services will be responsible for working with districts as part of the Managed Technology Service.
• Facilitate priority setting and decision making for meaningful and effective uses of technology in support of the district's strategic goals
• Develop/Update a shared vision with long-term, big picture perspectives on district goals to plan for meaningful and effective uses of technology as a member of the Superintendent's cabinet (e.g., district senior management)
• Establish and lead advisory committees that inform and support meaningful and effective uses of technology
• Plan and coordinate ongoing, purposeful professional learning for all staff using technology
• Manage the establishment and maintenance of systems and tools for gathering, mining, integrating and reporting data in usable and meaningful ways to produce an information culture .in which data management is critical to strategic planning
• Manage the ...
The Business Intelligence Analyst will lead conversations with clients to define business requirements, have a hands-on role in developing Tableau dashboards to satisfy requirements, and training clients on effective use of dashboards. Additionally, this position will provide support for internal Business Intelligence Subject-Matter Experts (SMEs), whose role it is to engage clients proactively, and to identify and bring forward key observations derived from the aforementioned Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
• Analyze data, identify anomalies, and provide useable insight to internal and external clients.
• Address external client data requests, including: project scope, consultation, conception, production, and end-user delivery.
• Build custom data deliveries using Tableau Software.
• Stay current with data analytics/business intelligence techniques and technologies.
• Maintain positive, professional business acumen and relationships ...
The Volunteer Services Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a volunteer program in support of St. John’s Meadows and Brickstone by St. John’s. This Individual will recruit, train, schedule and provide orientation for all Volunteers.
Qualifications & Education Required:
• High School Graduate or equivalent is required
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associate’s Degree required in Human Services, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a Related Discipline.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Human, Healthcare, Educational, Sales, Marketing, Communications or volunteer services.
• Fluent in the English Language
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, computers and cloud based database management tools.
• Arrive on time, prepared to work.
• Must have excellent customer services skills.
• Perform daily checks of all volunteer run programs and activities.
• Ability to ...
-Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing company with plans to continue growing!
-Be part of an exceptional company culture with excellent employee benefits!
-A challenging and rewarding role where your creativity and entrepreneurship are both encouraged and rewarded!
Founded in 2001, EQ3 has become a leading manufacturer and supplier of modern furnishings for everyday life with simple, clean and functional designs.
With 14 stores in Canada and the US, we are proudly Canadian. We’re proud of our roots and strive to design and produce as much of our product in Canada as possible. Currently, all of our upholstery pieces are made in our Winnipeg-based factory. This includes all sofas, sectionals, throw cushions, ottomans and more.
EQ3 is embarking on an ambitious growth plan with three to five store openings planned in the United States over the next twelve months alone. A key part of this growth plan is our new flagship store in Chelsea, New York. If ...
This is an administrative position located at Monroe County Department of Human Services, Office of Mental Health. Duties include planning, supervising and evaluating the provision of mental services for individuals with mental disorders, developmental disabilities and substance use disorders. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of the Commissioner of Human Services or other higher-level staff member. General supervision is exercised over a Mental Hygiene Program Analyst and other subordinate staff. Does related work as required.
Candidates for the Office of Mental Health Director (considered to be the Director of Community Service under New York State Mental Hygiene Law) must have obtained their degree or degrees from a regionally accredited college or university, as recognized by the New York State Education Department AND the candidate shall meet the following criteria:
(A) A physician licensed to practice ...
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Commissioner of Public Works is responsible for planning, administering and directing the operation of complex and diversified public works programs, projects, and facilities; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under administrative direction, the duties include formulating and administering departmental policy. The Commissioner also directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative personnel.
1. Formulating policy, plans and procedures for all public works provisions.
2. Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative and supervisory personnel.
3. Plans, directs and reviews public works projects of all divisions and departments.
4. Plans, reviews, and recommends public works construction, plans, specifications, contracts, changes, and final acceptance.
5. Directs the maintenance of records and the preparation of reports
6. Prepares and presents ...
We might have your ideal Accounting Manager job, if you have with a knack for establishing and regulating an organization's accounting and finance procedures. If you want to feel appreciated in your day-to-day work and be rewarded for your efforts, this job is a good fit for you. You will succeed in this Accounting Manager position with a burgeoning, innovative company if you can take charge of daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable, and related duties. This Accounting Manager position is a terrific opportunity for full-time employment that is located in the Amherst, New York area. Apply today with Robert Half Finance!
Your responsibilities in this role
• Prepare various technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures
• Assist in the preparation of GAAP ...
Immediate Opportunities for Audit Managers and Supervisors with a Top 100 CPA Firm
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C. has opportunities for Audit Managers with governmental experience
A Manager’s responsibilities involve overall planning, organization, supervision and completion of several simultaneous client engagements. They are responsible for maintaining continuing relationships with clients.
Our Managers demonstrate:
• Governmental audit technical competency as well as computer proficiency
• Business sense and ability to administer the engagement
• Leadership qualities in attitude and conduct
• Ability to contribute to the growth of the Firm
• Executive presence
• Professionalism in appearance and attitude
What Makes Freed Maxick Different?
Though we maintain relationships with external resources nationwide, we continue to maintain our independence and the ability to make decisions locally. At a time when the Big 4 firms are exiting the Western New York ...