The Administrator for Instructional Support Services will be responsible for working with districts as part of the Managed Technology Service.
• Facilitate priority setting and decision making for meaningful and effective uses of technology in support of the district's strategic goals
• Develop/Update a shared vision with long-term, big picture perspectives on district goals to plan for meaningful and effective uses of technology as a member of the Superintendent's cabinet (e.g., district senior management)
• Establish and lead advisory committees that inform and support meaningful and effective uses of technology
• Plan and coordinate ongoing, purposeful professional learning for all staff using technology
• Manage the establishment and maintenance of systems and tools for gathering, mining, integrating and reporting data in usable and meaningful ways to produce an information culture .in which data management is critical to strategic planning
• Manage the ...
This department head level position is responsible for directing the Department of Finance involving all financial operations for Monroe County. The Director oversees the divisions of Management and Budget, Controller and Financial Services. Further, the Director manages special funds, policy development, bank relationships, debt issuance and other activities of the Finance Department. General supervision is exercised over division heads and other subordinate staff. The employee reports directly to and works under general direction of the County Executive. Does related work as required.
Candidates for employment with Monroe County Government will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test, along with a background investigation. Failure to meet the standards may result in disqualification. If you are appointed, you will be required to possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate your capacity to meet the ...
You're a good fit for Robert Half Finance's Controller position with a reputable company, if you have a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting and clerical department. You might be a good fit for this position if you can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. In this role, it will be critical for you to lead with integrity and reliability and have the ability to manage self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability when providing client services. You might be a good fit for this position if you are a creative team player with a talent for challenging the status quo, coming up with unique ideas, negotiating and influencing. This opportunity's very competitive and ...
The Museum is entering an exciting phase of its growth, with a planned capital campaign and expansion. LICM is currently searching for a Director of Development to be part of a senior, visionary team.
This position is responsible for planning, directing and overall execution of all Museum fundraising efforts with the goal of maintaining and building financial resources and sustainability. These fundraising efforts include: donor cultivation and stewardship; developing a fundraising plan, while looking forward to a capital campaign; planning, orchestrating and supporting the LICM Board and President/Executive Director in their fundraising activities; and supervision of department staff who assist in carrying out LICM fundraising activities. Annual fundraising activities include individual, corporate and foundation giving, an annual gala (Cupcakes & Cocktails), fundraising appeals and grant writing and reporting.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, innovative, passionate ...
This position is responsible for managing all box office functions, including ticketing and Information Desk staff. Additional responsibilities include the daily reconciliation of Box Office receipts and billing for various Museum program.
The ideal candidate will have excellent “people” skills and the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively. S/he must be skilled at working effectively with employees at all levels, as well as the public. A bachelor’s degree, plus previous supervisory experience plus Museum or the entertainment industry experience, as well as experience in Customer Service, Cash Management and Ticketing Systems is required.
Familiarity with Altru or any other ticketing system is a plus. Experience working in sales and marketing a plus. Applicants must be willing to work weekends and some evenings. Typical work schedule is Tuesday to Saturday.
Long Island Children's Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Immediate Opportunities for Audit Managers and Supervisors with a Top 100 CPA Firm
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C. has opportunities for Audit Managers with governmental experience
A Manager’s responsibilities involve overall planning, organization, supervision and completion of several simultaneous client engagements. They are responsible for maintaining continuing relationships with clients.
Our Managers demonstrate:
• Governmental audit technical competency as well as computer proficiency
• Business sense and ability to administer the engagement
• Leadership qualities in attitude and conduct
• Ability to contribute to the growth of the Firm
• Executive presence
• Professionalism in appearance and attitude
What Makes Freed Maxick Different?
Though we maintain relationships with external resources nationwide, we continue to maintain our independence and the ability to make decisions locally. At a time when the Big 4 firms are exiting the Western New York ...
Long term health care organization looking for a qualified full time Business Office Manager
Requirements: Associate college degree or a minimum of 2 years experience in addition to a combination of continued education, and/or related work experience. Demonstrated ability in management, leadership and communication. Solid understanding of insurance coordination of benefits.
Responsible to manage the office and supervise staff, maintain census, cash receipt, resident trust and resident account maintenance including some billing and collections work.
Must be flexible, dedicated, extremely organized and excellent in time management. Have good interpersonal skills and be to communicate effectively with residents, families and coworkers.
Katonah-Lewisboro School District
Announces the Following
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR BUSINESS
Starting July 1, 2020
We seek an experienced administrator to join our district-level leadership team and oversee all aspects of our business office, including our annual budget of approximately $110 million. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Thorough knowledge of laws, requirements, and reporting systems related to the business aspects of a NYS school district;
• Experience with school budget development and allocation of financial resources;
• Significant involvement in contract negotiations;
• Involvement in collaborating with other district professionals to improve the student experience;
• Skilled oversight of capital projects;
• Facility with the use of technology to support the functioning of a district business office;
• History of providing oversight in the areas of transportation, food service, operations and ...
We have immediate opportunities for Tax Specialists (Senior/Supervisor level) in our Rochester, NY office.
Our Tax Department provides comprehensive tax services and specialized expertise to businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates, non-profit and public entities. Our services include compliance (preparation), planning and consulting. The Tax Department serves clients in all fields, with particular emphasis in manufacturing, distribution, construction, and retail.
As a Tax Specialist, you will be called upon to deliver professional services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. You will be part of our team, and assist in developing high level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, as you perform detailed tasks on engagements while delegating to and supervising others.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
• Identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities
• Preparation and review of ...
As the Museum enters an exciting growth phase, with a planned capital campaign and expansion, it is searching for a Director of Finance to join its team.
The Director of Finance is a senior museum position responsible for hands-on general accounting and internal and external financial reporting and analysis. Responsibilities also include tax and cash management, development of internal controls, financial policies and procedures and overseeing all insurance policies, all while controlling costs and improving processes. The Director of Finance must be able to work well with employees at all levels within the Museum, Board members, including the Board Finance Committee and the Board Treasurer and individuals outside of the organization.
Major responsibilities include:
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements for an Organization with an operating budget of approximately $5 million.
This is an administrative position located at Monroe County Department of Human Services, Office of Mental Health. Duties include planning, supervising and evaluating the provision of mental services for individuals with mental disorders, developmental disabilities and substance use disorders. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of the Commissioner of Human Services or other higher-level staff member. General supervision is exercised over a Mental Hygiene Program Analyst and other subordinate staff. Does related work as required.
Candidates for the Office of Mental Health Director (considered to be the Director of Community Service under New York State Mental Hygiene Law) must have obtained their degree or degrees from a regionally accredited college or university, as recognized by the New York State Education Department AND the candidate shall meet the following criteria:
(A) A physician licensed to practice ...
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Commissioner of Public Works is responsible for planning, administering and directing the operation of complex and diversified public works programs, projects, and facilities; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under administrative direction, the duties include formulating and administering departmental policy. The Commissioner also directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative personnel.
1. Formulating policy, plans and procedures for all public works provisions.
2. Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative and supervisory personnel.
3. Plans, directs and reviews public works projects of all divisions and departments.
4. Plans, reviews, and recommends public works construction, plans, specifications, contracts, changes, and final acceptance.
5. Directs the maintenance of records and the preparation of reports
6. Prepares and presents ...
The Business Intelligence Analyst will lead conversations with clients to define business requirements, have a hands-on role in developing Tableau dashboards to satisfy requirements, and training clients on effective use of dashboards. Additionally, this position will provide support for internal Business Intelligence Subject-Matter Experts (SMEs), whose role it is to engage clients proactively, and to identify and bring forward key observations derived from the aforementioned Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
• Analyze data, identify anomalies, and provide useable insight to internal and external clients.
• Address external client data requests, including: project scope, consultation, conception, production, and end-user delivery.
• Build custom data deliveries using Tableau Software.
• Stay current with data analytics/business intelligence techniques and technologies.
• Maintain positive, professional business acumen and relationships ...
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a top 100 Firm in the U.S., has opportunities in Buffalo and Rochester, NY at the Senior and Manager level for SALT experts.
As a Manager, your role will include:
• Managing, coordinating and overseeing State and Local Income, Sales & Use and Property tax work as part of our growing tax practice
• Oversight and heavy involvement is various state and local tax projects, including nexus studies and acquisition due diligence.
• Involvement in decision making process pertaining to the direction and growth of the state and local tax practice.
• Formulating and delivering innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies and going to market with these opportunities
• Generating SALT opportunities within our existing client base
• Developing and managing client relationships
• Completing multiple, simultaneous engagements within deadline timeframes
• Researching and consulting on complex tax matters
• Coaching and managing staff, ...
Robert Half is looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to work for a fantastic company!! This person will lead financial planning, forecasting and P&L management for the US and would support COO/CFO to manage Gross Margin. This is an extremely visible role and will need a high level of business partnering and professionalism.
• Provide financial reporting leadership and compliance with IFRS.
• Develop, maintain, and enhance multi-year financial planning models to provide visibility into business dynamics, growth trajectory, and key financial trends.
• Lead and/or assist with the creation and/or maintenance of various financial models including capital expenditures, expense budgeting and allocations, business line valuations, and cash flow analysis.
• Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and models.
• Prepare reports and summarize outstanding group risks on a monthly ...
• Engagement and assistance in contract negotiations and ongoing positive labor relations.
• Development of the annual budget, supervision of the accounting of all income and expenditures, and responsibility for the receipt and expenditure of school district funds.
• Assisting the Superintendent in long-range budget development and directing the process of school funds to ensure that the district derives maximum benefits for the prudent expenditure of school dollars.
• Oversight and implementation of professional development, supervision, and evaluation program for operations department staff as well as innovation in these areas.
• Management of all bond and capital projects.
• NYS SDA, SBA, SDL or SDBL certification required.
• Minimum 5 years as a CBO with a record of effectively managing a budget of at least 30 million dollars.
We are seeking a Tax Manager for an excellent opportunity in the Rochester, NY area. The Tax Manager will review corporate tax returns for completeness and accuracy; assist with research and planning according to current tax laws, and evaluate the tax impact of current and proposed company activities and transactions; working with the director of accounting or controller on asset depreciation schedules and policies; implementing strategies to minimize corporate tax liability in accordance with current tax laws; support the tax director on tax audits by outside regulatory agencies; and hire, train and supervise tax staff.
Monthly Sales Tax, Direct Supervision, Account Reconciliation
The Tax Manager should possess strong communication and analytical skills coupled with five years of tax experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Individuals who have also earned a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or accreditation such as certified public ...
This is a supervisory position responsible for coordinating and directing housekeeping activities for an assigned area. The work is performed in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and codes governing institutional housekeeping. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Environmental Services or other higher level staff member. General supervision is exercised over subordinate staff. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor's or Master's degree and one (1) year paid full‑time or its part‑time equivalent housekeeping experience that involved EITHER: interpreting and implementing policies and procedures, OR scheduling and assigning work activities, OR supervising, training and evaluating employees, OR, ...
This is a management position responsible for developing, implementing and facilitating the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program for Monroe Community Hospital. Quality assurance involves all hospital functions including, but not limited to, patient care, equipment, confidentiality issues, and customer satisfaction. Duties involve providing technical assistance to hospital staff to assist them in meeting quality assurance objectives. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of the Executive Health Director or other higher-level staff members. General supervision is exercised over a Quality Assurance Coordinator. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master's degree in a health care field including, but not limited to Health Informatics, ...
Town of North Hempstead seeks an Executive Director of the “Yes We Can” Community Center.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Town of North Hempstead Parks and Recreation Department’s “Yes We Can” Community Center (the “community center”), located in New Cassel, NY.
This position would require leadership in staff supervision and development, fiscal management, growth and expansion of community center through membership and program administration, oversight of facility and equipment management and community relations with a specific emphasis in building and strengthening relationships in the community.
The community center is a state-of-the-art, 60,000 sq. ft. facility which features two NBA-sized basketball courts, a fitness center, dance and television studios, an internet café, community meeting rooms and much more. The amenities provided include basketball and dance programs, summer camps, after-school programs, ...