Immediate Opportunities for Audit Managers and Supervisors with a Top 100 CPA Firm
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C. has opportunities for Audit Managers with governmental experience
A Manager’s responsibilities involve overall planning, organization, supervision and completion of several simultaneous client engagements. They are responsible for maintaining continuing relationships with clients.
Our Managers demonstrate:
• Governmental audit technical competency as well as computer proficiency
• Business sense and ability to administer the engagement
• Leadership qualities in attitude and conduct
• Ability to contribute to the growth of the Firm
• Executive presence
• Professionalism in appearance and attitude
What Makes Freed Maxick Different?
Though we maintain relationships with external resources nationwide, we continue to maintain our independence and the ability to make decisions locally. At a time when the Big 4 firms are exiting the Western New York ...
We have immediate opportunities for Tax Specialists (Senior/Supervisor level) in our Rochester, NY office.
Our Tax Department provides comprehensive tax services and specialized expertise to businesses, individuals, trusts, and estates, non-profit and public entities. Our services include compliance (preparation), planning and consulting. The Tax Department serves clients in all fields, with particular emphasis in manufacturing, distribution, construction, and retail.
As a Tax Specialist, you will be called upon to deliver professional services to clients, including consulting, tax planning, compliance, and research. You will be part of our team, and assist in developing high level relationships with clients, prospects, and referral sources, as you perform detailed tasks on engagements while delegating to and supervising others.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
• Identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities
• Preparation and review of ...
Katonah-Lewisboro School District
Announces the Following
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR BUSINESS
Starting July 1, 2020
We seek an experienced administrator to join our district-level leadership team and oversee all aspects of our business office, including our annual budget of approximately $110 million. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Thorough knowledge of laws, requirements, and reporting systems related to the business aspects of a NYS school district;
• Experience with school budget development and allocation of financial resources;
• Significant involvement in contract negotiations;
• Involvement in collaborating with other district professionals to improve the student experience;
• Skilled oversight of capital projects;
• Facility with the use of technology to support the functioning of a district business office;
• History of providing oversight in the areas of transportation, food service, operations and ...
This is a management position responsible for developing, implementing and facilitating the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program for Monroe Community Hospital. Quality assurance involves all hospital functions including, but not limited to, patient care, equipment, confidentiality issues, and customer satisfaction. Duties involve providing technical assistance to hospital staff to assist them in meeting quality assurance objectives. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of the Executive Health Director or other higher-level staff members. General supervision is exercised over a Quality Assurance Coordinator. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master's degree in a health care field including, but not limited to Health Informatics, ...
Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C., a top 100 Firm in the U.S., has opportunities in Buffalo and Rochester, NY at the Senior and Manager level for SALT experts.
As a Manager, your role will include:
• Managing, coordinating and overseeing State and Local Income, Sales & Use and Property tax work as part of our growing tax practice
• Oversight and heavy involvement is various state and local tax projects, including nexus studies and acquisition due diligence.
• Involvement in decision making process pertaining to the direction and growth of the state and local tax practice.
• Formulating and delivering innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies and going to market with these opportunities
• Generating SALT opportunities within our existing client base
• Developing and managing client relationships
• Completing multiple, simultaneous engagements within deadline timeframes
• Researching and consulting on complex tax matters
• Coaching and managing staff, ...
Effective: July 1, 2020
Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
On-line applications only. No telephone calls or paper resumes.
Please submit to: John A. Striffolino, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum, Instruction and Personnel
NYS SDA, SBA or SDBL required, Certified Public Accounting license preferred
Candidates must possess:
· New York State Administrative Certification (SDA or SDBL)
· Experience as a business administrator in NYS public schools
· Extensive knowledge of school finance and operations, including NYSED regulations, accounting, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, facilities, security, food service and student transportation
· Expertise in preparing financial statements and mandated reports
· A thorough understanding of risk management, investments, insurance, employee benefits and Civil Service procedures for non-instructional personnel
· Strong interpersonal and communications ...
The Katonah Lewisboro School District is seeking an outstanding Elementary Assistant Principal who can assist in leading a talented faculty, a supportive community, and a wonderful student body to new levels of excellence.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Be knowledgeable of best instructional practices
• Be knowledgeable of student development and social emotional learning
• Be highly visible and approachable while supporting students, staff, and all stakeholders
• Be an energetic self-starter who can solve problems
• Develop and implement needed initiatives, while effectively managing building responsibilities
• Have a strong desire to grow professionally and a commitment to continual improvement.
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• New York State administrative certification (SAS/SDA/SBL) required.
• Experience with student management and ...
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Eric Jay Rosser, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
Chief Finance and Business Official
Candidates must complete an application available to print through the Human Resources Tab at www.poughkeepsieschools.org and apply through OLAS using the Apply link below.
Candidates must possess a minimum of a Master's degree and New York State School Business Administrator (SBA), School District Business Leader (SDBL), School District Administrator (SDA), or School District Leader (SDL), certificate by the time of appointment. Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in school district finance and business operations. Candidates with prior urban public school experience encouraged to apply.
The Poughkeepsie City School District (PCSD) is committed to providing students and parents with pathways to opportunity that will ...
Are you looking to work with an organization that will recognize your efforts? Robert Half Finance is seeking a talented Accounting Manager to work with a thriving company. In this role, it will be critical for you to lead daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, and assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable. In this role, it will be critical for you to have the ability to create and monitor the company's accounting and finance operations. Based in the Rush, New York area, this Accounting Manager position is a terrific opportunity for full-time employment.
• Possess a working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
• Work closely with FP&A and accounting management to create relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, key financial ...
Town of North Hempstead seeks a Superintendent of Highways.
The Superintendent of Highways is responsible for maintenance and construction of Town roads. He or she is responsible for ensuring that all operations are carried out efficiently and safely. The Superintendent‘s duties include all aspects of road integrity including pot hole repair, snow removal, clean-up after major storms, maintenance of existing and placement of new traffic and parking signs, road drainage and catch basin maintenance/repair, maintenance, removal and replacement of trees and vegetation adjacent to roads. The Superintendent is also responsible for acquisition and maintenance of all equipment necessary for these duties.
The Superintendent manages a full time staff of over 100 people at five locations, including two maintenance garages, one sign shop, and an administrative office. The Superintendent fulfills a position whose duties are mandated by State and Town law such as determining whether roads ...
The Administrator for Instructional Support Services will be responsible for working with districts as part of the Managed Technology Service.
• Facilitate priority setting and decision making for meaningful and effective uses of technology in support of the district's strategic goals
• Develop/Update a shared vision with long-term, big picture perspectives on district goals to plan for meaningful and effective uses of technology as a member of the Superintendent's cabinet (e.g., district senior management)
• Establish and lead advisory committees that inform and support meaningful and effective uses of technology
• Plan and coordinate ongoing, purposeful professional learning for all staff using technology
• Manage the establishment and maintenance of systems and tools for gathering, mining, integrating and reporting data in usable and meaningful ways to produce an information culture .in which data management is critical to strategic planning
• Manage the ...
Long term health care organization looking for a qualified full time Business Office Manager
Requirements: Associate college degree or a minimum of 2 years experience in addition to a combination of continued education, and/or related work experience. Demonstrated ability in management, leadership and communication. Solid understanding of insurance coordination of benefits.
Responsible to manage the office and supervise staff, maintain census, cash receipt, resident trust and resident account maintenance including some billing and collections work.
Must be flexible, dedicated, extremely organized and excellent in time management. Have good interpersonal skills and be to communicate effectively with residents, families and coworkers.
The membership coordinator will promote the benefits of museum membership to visitors. Daily activities include maintaining accurate member records, preparing membership mailings and providing excellent customer service to current and potential members. Additionally the membership coordinator will analyze member activity and make recommendations to increase acquisition and retention, as well as implementing marketing campaigns to grow membership sales opportunities.
This full-time position involves a Wednesday to Sunday work schedule. Ideal candidate will have two to four years of membership experience in the museum field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Input and maintain member records in Altru Database
• Prepare membership and fulfillment mailings
• Assist in member acquisition, cultivation and retention
• Track member patterns and make recommendations to improve membership sales and program benefits
• Explore new opportunities for membership program and revenue ...
This is an administrative position located at Monroe County Department of Human Services, Office of Mental Health. Duties include planning, supervising and evaluating the provision of mental services for individuals with mental disorders, developmental disabilities and substance use disorders. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of the Commissioner of Human Services or other higher-level staff member. General supervision is exercised over a Mental Hygiene Program Analyst and other subordinate staff. Does related work as required.
Candidates for the Office of Mental Health Director (considered to be the Director of Community Service under New York State Mental Hygiene Law) must have obtained their degree or degrees from a regionally accredited college or university, as recognized by the New York State Education Department AND the candidate shall meet the following criteria:
(A) A physician licensed to practice ...
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Commissioner of Public Works is responsible for planning, administering and directing the operation of complex and diversified public works programs, projects, and facilities; performs related duties as required.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Under administrative direction, the duties include formulating and administering departmental policy. The Commissioner also directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative personnel.
1. Formulating policy, plans and procedures for all public works provisions.
2. Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of subordinate administrative and supervisory personnel.
3. Plans, directs and reviews public works projects of all divisions and departments.
4. Plans, reviews, and recommends public works construction, plans, specifications, contracts, changes, and final acceptance.
5. Directs the maintenance of records and the preparation of reports
6. Prepares and presents ...
This department head level position is responsible for directing the Department of Finance involving all financial operations for Monroe County. The Director oversees the divisions of Management and Budget, Controller and Financial Services. Further, the Director manages special funds, policy development, bank relationships, debt issuance and other activities of the Finance Department. General supervision is exercised over division heads and other subordinate staff. The employee reports directly to and works under general direction of the County Executive. Does related work as required.
Candidates for employment with Monroe County Government will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test, along with a background investigation. Failure to meet the standards may result in disqualification. If you are appointed, you will be required to possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate your capacity to meet the ...
DIRECTOR OF ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT JOB POSTING*. Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an Admissions and Financial Aid Director.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Safety and Risk Management for one of our premier clients. The Director of Safety and Risk Management reports to…
Minimum 7+ years of Call Center/Contact Center management experience; The company's Fortune-500 clients rely on its vast expertise in customer care management.
Drive and support the talent strategy and performance management processes across the business. Confidence and strong personal presence – you shake up the…